Another class of outstanding UNCW graduates turned their tassels this weekend in Trask Coliseum – relive the excitement of the commencement ceremonies in a special photo gallery. There is still plenty happening on campus, including the 2014 Summer Writers Conference, which creative writing chair Michael White discusses in this week’s Hot Seat. Congratulations to the winners of the 2014 Summer Undergraduate Research and Creativity Awards (SURCA); twenty UNCW faculty members and 32 students have been awarded funds to support a variety of team-based research and creative projects over the summer. Before you know it, a new flock of Seahawks will be ready for “Move-In” in August - sign up today to help with this long-standing campus tradition. SWOOP is officially on “summer break,” but NOW IS THE TIME to send us feedback as we look at ways to improve in the fall. We really do want to hear what you think - tell us directly and help us make SWOOP work for you! Have a great summer, all, and go Seahawks!
- Robert Burrus appointed Interim Dean of the Cameron School of Business
- 2014 SURCA winners
- Robert Siegel, creative writing
- Andi Steele, art & art history
- Hot Seat: Michael White (creative writing)
- I AM UNCW: Frances Carr (Career Center)
- Deals on Microsoft software at B1NAR1ES
- Student profile: Chelsea Deaner
- Peak season approaching for retirement processing
- Call for applications & nominations: director, Women's Studies and Resource Center
- Campus dining summer hours
Connecting UNCW to our communities
News from the Faculty Senate
News from the Staff Senate
A picture, because it takes up less space than a thousand words.
This past weekend, more than 1,900 undergraduates, 336 graduate students, and five doctoral students participated in UNCW's commencement ceremonies in Trask Coliseum. Enjoy highlights from the events in a photo gallery produced by the Office of University Relations.
Photo: UNCW/Jeff Janowski