University College

rocking chair

Re-Enrollment and Reinstatement

Process for Academically Dismissed Students:

Students who have been academically dismissed from UNCW must complete the Re-Instatement process in addition to the Re-Enrollment application. The following are a few scenarios that would apply to a student hoping to return to UNCW after being academically dismissed:

  • If you were academically dismissed, but hope to return to UNCW in the summer or fall, please click here.
  • If you were academically dismissed, but hope to return to UNCW in the spring, please click here.

Process for Students in Good Academic Standing:

The Re-Enrollment Application is available through SeaNet. This application is required when a student has been away from UNCW for 2 consecutive semesters.

  • If you have attended another college or university since attending UNCW, an official transcript must be sent to the Office of the Registrar.
  • If you left UNCW for one semester, AND you were in good academic standing when you left, you would be considered on a leave of absence, and therefore, do not need to submit a re-enrollment application. A re-enrollment application is required when you have been away for two consecutive semesters. Please contact University College at (910) 962-3245 to meet with an advisor if you have been on a leave of absence for one semester and would like to return.

It can take up to three weeks to process re-enrollment, due to holds, application fee payment, transcripts, and/or criminal background checks. Once the application has been reviewed, the student will receive an email regarding their admittance. If re-enrollment has been approved, the email will provide instructions to the student on how to contact their academic advisor to register for courses.