Non-Employee Travel

Seahawk with Hoggard Hall in the background

Travel for Non-Employees

All expenses for a non-employee should be claimed on that individual's own travel authorization and never on anyone else's. A travel authorization should be completed and approved prior to the beginning day of business travel. Travel expenses for family members of non-employees are not reimbursable.

Who is a Non-Employee?

  • A Prospective Employee that is currently being recruited by UNCW
  • An employee of another governmental jurisdiction (local or federal)

How to process travel for a Non-Employee

Non-Employees must be set up in Chrome River using the New Vendor form. Once set up in Chrome River, a Pre-Approval will need to be created before the travel occurs.  Make sure to choose Paid By: Travel Office, if you would like UNCW to pay for the local hotel and/or Maupin Airfare.  Hotel name should be entered and the reservation email attached to the pre-approval.  The offer from Maupin should also be attached if UNCW is purchasing the airfare.

An expense report will need to be created in Chrome River to reconcile any Maupin Airfare charges in the eWallet before the trip begins. 

After the trip is over, an expense report will need to be created to reconcile any hotel charges in the eWallet along with any requests for reimbursement. All receipts and any supporting documentation should be attached to the expense report in Chrome River.

For additional information on how to process travel, please see the individual expenses under the type of travel.

Friendly Reminders

  • Original receipts and backup documents are required to be uploaded into Chrome River.
  • Travelers are allowed one day of travel before the beginning of a conference and one day of travel after the conclusion of a conference.
  • All travel reimbursements should be completed within 15 days of return, however it must be submitted to the travel office within 30 calendar days from the return date.