Seahawk with Hoggard Hall in the background

Travel for Non-Employees

All expenses for a non-employee should be claimed on that individual's own travel authorization and never on anyone else's. A travel authorization should be completed and approved prior to the beginning day of business travel. Travel expenses for family members of non-employees are not reimbursable.

Who is a Non-Employee?

  • A Prospective Employee that is currently being recruited by UNCW
  • An employee of another governmental jurisdiction (local or federal)

How to process travel for a Non-Employee

Non-Employee travel authorization and request for reimbursement should be processed using paper travel forms. Paper travel authorization forms can be ordered from printing services. Reimbursement forms can be accessed and filled out from the travel webpage under Forms.

For additional information on how to process travel please see the individual expenses under the type of travel.

Friendly Reminders

  • Original reimbursement and backup documents are required with the travel package.
  • If originals are not available, please attach a memo that explains why originals were not included with the travel reimbursement.
  • All small receipts should be taped down to an 8 ½ by 11 sheet of white paper.
  • Send travel reimbursement to Travel Office to be processed.
  • Travelers are allowed one day of travel before the beginning of a conference and one day of travel after the conclusion of a conference.
  • All travel reimbursements should be completed within 15 days of return, however it must be submitted to the travel office within 30 calendar days from the return date.