Skip to header Skip to Content Skip to Footer
Students walking across campus during autumn

Transient Study

For transient students to receive financial aid, students must:

  • Complete the requirements for transient study as outlined by the Office of the Registrar.
  • Register and pay out of pocket for all courses at host institution.
  • Submit a completed Transient Study Request for Financial Aid Form to UNCW's Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid and submit a completed Enrollment Verification Form when requested.

Once these steps have been taken, the following will take place:

  • UNCW's Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid will then award financial aid for the transient term
    based on the total number of hours that you are enrolled at UNCW and the host institution.
  • It is your responsibility to make sure that the Office of the Registrar at UNCW receives a final copy of the academic transcript from the host school after the transient term is over by the scheduled deadlines indicated on the Transient Study Form. If transcripts are not received, financial aid may be canceled for that term, and future requests will be denied.

Non-UNCW Students Enrolled in Classes

If UNCW is not your home institution, you are not eligible to receive financial aid through UNCW. You must contact your home institution's financial aid office to request financial aid for transient study at UNCW.