Skip to header Skip to Content Skip to Footer
Graduate Professors

Graduate & Non-Degree Students

Graduate and professional degree students may be eligible to receive aid from the following federal student aid programs:

  • Unsubsidized Loans – Eligible students may borrow up to $20,500 per school year. Graduate and professional students enrolled in certain health profession programs may receive additional unsubsidized loan amounts each academic year.
  • Graduate PLUS Loans – Eligible graduate and professional degree students who need to borrow more than the maximum unsubsidized loan amounts to meet their education costs may apply for a PLUS loan. A credit check will be performed during the application process at


Teacher Certification students are eligible for federal unsubsidized and/or subsidized student loans. Students enrolled in teacher certification programs must submit the Teacher Certification Form in addition to the FAFSA.

Graduate Certification Students who are taking pre-requisite courses in order to apply to or be admitted into a graduate program can receive federal unsubsidized and/or subsidized student loans with completion of the FAFSA and Graduate Certification Form. If courses are not required for admission, apply for a private/non-federal loan online.

Licensure students are not eligible for federal or institutional aid at UNCW. Apply for a private/non-federal loan online.