Skip to header Skip to Content Skip to Footer
drone shot of seahawk village high up

Transfer Applicants

How to Apply for Housing

You must pay your Admission Enrollment Deposit before you can apply for on-campus housing. This is separate from the non-refundable Housing Application Fee. It may take up to 5 business days for the Deposit to process and allow you access to the Housing Portal.

If you are under the age of 18 at the time you submit the agreement, you must have a Parent/Guardian co-sign your agreement. They will receive an email with a link and a Code once you sign your agreement. Your application will NOT be complete until this co-signature has been submitted.

Step 1 – Prepare For Your Housing Application

  • Only students who have been admitted to UNCW and paid their admissions enrollment deposit may apply for housing.
  • Until the enrollment deposit has been paid, you will not be able to access the housing application. Please Note: It can take up to 5 business days to process your enrollment deposit.
  • You can access the housing application via your MySeaport.
  • To access your through Seaport, login to MySeaport and click on the Student tab. Then, scroll to Housing, Dining & Transportation, and click on the "Utilize the On-Campus Housing Portal" link to begin the housing application process.
    • Be ready to supply your personal information, including emergency contacts, and to make a payment of $105 online.

Step 2 – Submit Your Application

  • Review the Housing Agreement, read and check off each attestation, and sign your housing agreement by clicking “I Agree”.
  • Pay the $105 housing application fee. This fee is non-refundable regardless of enrollment.
  • If you are under the age of 18 at the time you submit the housing agreement, you must have a Parent/Guardian co-signature. Your application will not be completed until this co-signature has been submitted.

Step 3 – (Optional) Add Preferences

  • After you’ve completed the housing application and paid the fee, you can return to the landing page to input your preference for building location.
  • Preferences are not guaranteed: We cannot always accommodate student requests. Therefore, we cannot guarantee any particular building, room, or roommate preferences. However, we try our best to place students in their requested location.
  • Need Special Accommodations? If you require a reasonable accommodation due to a documented medical concern that you believe may influence your housing assignment, please contact our Disability Resource Center as soon as possible.

Housing accommodations for students with documented disabilities are determined based on the need for equal opportunity, and not based on a perceived “benefit” to the student. Please note: disability status does not impact one’s position in the queue (i.e., waitlist); however, should a housing assignment be granted, appropriate accommodations will be addressed. Students currently waiting for on-campus assignments are encouraged to visit the DRC Forms Page while waiting, as this may help expedite necessary adjustments to the room or facility.

Students with disabilities living in UNCW residential buildings who need an accommodation in order to have equal access to the housing environment must make their requests known well in advance of their planned move-in date to ensure their needs can be appropriately met (see HRL’s Campus Living Handbook [PDF]). Requests for disability-related accommodations must be initiated with the Disability Resource Center  and will require appropriate documentation.

Residence Housing at UNCW

We look forward to having you on campus!

Contact Housing & Residence Life

Housing and Residence Life

Phone: (910) 962-3241
Fax: (910) 962-7032

601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5959

Regular Hours:
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Summer and Winter Break Hours:
Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.