UNCW One Card

Employee Door and Gate Access Privileges

Get help here if you are having trouble with your card reader.

Card reader problems?
See Reporting Technical Problems with Campus Card Readers

Student Recreation Center Access

  • All permanent faculty/staff members have access privileges to the Student Recreation Center on their UNCW One Card.
  • If you are a permanent faculty/staff member and your UNCW One Card will not work in the Recreation Center, contact the Auxiliary Services office at 962-3178.
  • For information on purchasing a paid membership to the facility, contact the Student Recreation Center at 962-3261. All family members purchasing a paid membership must obtain a family UNCW One Card in the Auxiliary Services Office at the cost of $20.00.

Parking Gate Access

  • All permanent faculty/staff who have a current parking permit are authorized to use the gated surface parking lots around campus. The gate privilege is on the UNCW One Card.
  • Faculty/staff may park in the parking deck only if they have a valid deck parking permit. Faculty/staff who have purchased a deck parking permit are authorized to use the parking deck as well as any other faculty/staff parking lots.
  • For information concerning parking deck privileges, please see the parking deck info.
  • Report any problems with the parking gates to the Auxiliary Services Office immediately: 962-3178. After verification of both parking permit and employment status, your gate access will be reinstated.

Building & Lab Access

  • Many academic and administrative buildings are equipped with card reader access.
  • Doors in secured areas are controlled 24 hours per day, and doors in other areas are controlled after hours only.
  • All building and lab access must be requested by authorized departmental personnel.
  • If you have questions concerning door access, contact Susie Goodrum, Electronic Access Control Administrator, at 962-3564 or AccessMgmt@uncw.edu