Academic Resources

Grade Conversion Guide

This is the currently-used guideline for conversion of grades for classes taken on study abroad, for purposes of transferring credit back to UNCW on approved study abroad programs.  Please note that UNCW current regulations for study abroad on approved programs state that transfer credit may only be received for any/all classes taken abroad, and listed on a foreign university transcript, in which the student receives the equivalent of a C or better at UNCW.  The guidelines at this link will tell you what grades you must achieve in your host country in order to receive the equivalent of a C or better. 

Credit Conversion Guide 

Education Abroad Advising Agreement and Permit for Transient Study 

Explorations Beyond the Classroom

  • All undergraduate students must complete an Explorations Beyond the Classroom experience as part of the University Studies core curriculum requirement.  If you wish to use your education abroad experience to satisfy the Explorations Beyond the Classroom requirement, follow the steps at