TABSA Admissions - International Student Application Instructions

If you wish to study at UNCW through the TABSA program, you must apply through your home school. Once your home school has approved your entrance into the UNCW TABSA program, you will need to complete the following steps:

  1. Register for an account on SeaLevel
    • Under Prospect Information, please be sure to select “Transfer Student” from the drop down menu
    • Once you register, an activation email will be sent to you. You must activate your account through the email link.
  2. After confirming your Sea Level account, you will “Apply to UNCW”.
    • Scroll down to the “Start Your International Transfer Application” link and Create an Application
    • Upload all academic records including TOEFL Scores
    • Essay - Submit a “letter of introduction” to include:
      • A short summary of your personal background
      • Explanation of your interest in the program
      • Your academic goals
      • Your professional goals
  3. You will also need to provide a hard copy of the following to your home university:
    • Academic Records
      • Current transcript from home university
      • Arbitur/Baccalaureate/Pruebas/BTEC/etc.
      • Proof of Language Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, Language Proficiency Report)
    • Proof of financial support—Federal regulations require that students demonstrate proof of financial support to cover living expenses and tuition and fees. Consult the fee schedule to determine the amount of support you must show. Proof of financial support can be any of the following:
      • A bank statement showing personal proof of financial support
      • A letter of support and documentation showing proof of financial support from a sponsor
      • An athletics award letter or TA/GA award letter/graduate department sponsorship form
      • A letter of funding support from your government The items showing proof of financial support must be issued within the last six months; older items will not be accepted. All personal and sponsor “proof of financial support” must be on bank letterhead—a letter from the bank or a bank statement are acceptable. A Web printout, as long as it has the student’s or sponsor’s name and is on bank letterhead, is also acceptable. Copies, scans and faxes are acceptable, but students must take the original proof of financial support with them when applying for a visa.
    • Provide a copy of your passport bio page—This information helps us create your DS-2019 immigration document. It is very important that the spelling of your name on your immigration document exactly matches the spelling of your name in your passport.
    • Photo