Grievance and Appeal Procedures

Grievance and Appeal Procedures for Current and Prospective Students

  • If a complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting UNCW's procedure described above, the student may file a complaint with the following agencies:

    Students not residing in North Carolina and enrolled in a North Carolina institution that operates under SARA North Carolina may submit complaints to the organization listed below only after completing the complaint process established by the institution attended by the student. The SARA portal entity in the state where the student is located will be notified that the complaint was received and may assist as needed. Resolution of the complaint by the SARA portal entity in the institution’s home state is final.

    SARA North Carolina (SARA-NC) 

Normal inquiries or concerns such as those involving admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc. should be addressed directly to the appropriate office at the University of North Carolina Wilmington.