Campus Recreation

Membership [COVID-19 Phase 3.0] Information

In accordance with the governors instruction the following membership guidelines have been determined "best for the nest":

To utilize the Student Recreation Center, members must have a valid UNCW One Card. If you do not have your one card your options are:

  • Retrieve your UNCW One Card
  • Mon-Fri, prior to 4:30 p.m., go to Auxiliary Services and purchase a replacement ID.

Phase 3.0 allows us to open our entire facility with reduced capacities and offerings:

Please Note: New for COVID-19, all patrons must register for a time slot to utilize the SRC facilities/programs including Virtual Group Fitness Classes.  To learn how to register: Registration Process to be directed to IM Leagues to register:

Pool, Group Fitness, Climbing - Register Now

Fitness Center, Track & Courts - Register Now

Patrons must wear a face covering at all times while in the Student Recreation Center.

All PED classes scheduled in the Student Recreation Center are permitted without requiring a registration.

Student Access

  • UNCW students are members of the SRC during sessions in which they are enrolled.
  • Student must have a valid, working UNCW One Card to utilize the SRC. Students without their One Card may use the above options for entry.
  • Membership is a privilege that may be modified or revoked at the discretion of the Department of Campus Recreation and the University.
  • All memberships are non-transferable.

University Employee Access

The following university employees are currently eligible for membership to the SRC as a university-sponsored privilege:
- Permanent faculty/staff
- Part-time faculty/staff
- Temporary (with valid ID and verified length of employment from supervisor)
- Retirees

To ensure ID activation, faculty and staff who desire access to the Student Recreation Center are asked to opt in to have their ID activated.  Membership Application and User Agreement and scan and send to

Once an application, user agreement and informed consent form have been completed. These employees need only to present their current staff ID card for access. This access is sponsored at the university level on an annual basis. It is subject to change. It is not a state benefit guaranteed with employment.

Spouse/Partner [Fac/Staff], Adjunct, Visiting Faculty, Alumni or Affiliate (Contract)

At this time no spouse/partner, Adjunct, visiting Faculty, Alumni or Affiliate memberships are being sold. 


Guests and Children/Dependent Access

At this time no guests passes are being sold which includes the suspension of bringing in dependents during family hours.