This year also proved to be a challenging but successful one for all delegates representing SPA and non-teaching EPA employees as the UNCW Staff Senate.
During this year with impending budget cuts we once again proved our ability to succeed even in the most difficult of times. Some of the many successful actions, events, happenings and collaborations are as follows:
- Annually present list of staff priorities to chancellor
- Annual food drive to support the Food Bank of Eastern N.C.
- Award staff scholarships in spring and fall
- Participate at International Programs to announce and choose the recipient of the Global Scholarship annually
- Serve as greeters for staff appreciation events
- Sponsor Senator Spotlight Series to recognize our members
- Serve as members of university committees as requested
- Active participant at staff assembly meetings
- Participate in Work on Wilmington