Steven Nunez Receives Laureate Award
Jose Herrera works nights at the Mercy House shelter for homeless men.
UNCW Philosophy and Religion Department, Cape Fear Community College, UNCW Student Government Association, and Osher Life Long Learning Institute.
- Professor Scott James was given the UNCW Chancellor's Excellence Teaching Award for 2016.
- On December 3, 2015, Professor Matthew Eshleman was awarded the UNCW Center for Teaching Excellence Dicere Aude Award.
- On December 5, 2013, Professor Scott James won the award for Excellence in Teaching First-Year Students
- In November of 2013, Professor Herbert Berg received the Governor's Award for Excellence, which is the highest honor a state employee can receive. He is the first employee from UNCW to receive the award since 1997. Read more in the Faculty and Staff newsletter from October of 2013.
- In 2012, Professor Herbert Berg was awarded the Board of Trustees Teaching Excellence Award and the Distinguished Teaching Professorship Award.
- In 2011 and 2010, Professor Herbert Berg received the Discere Aude Mentoring Award, and in 2009, Professor Ferenc Altrichter received the Discere Aude Mentoring Award. The award is presented to UNCW faculty who are nominated by students of theirs who have themselves achieved high academic distinction.
- In August of 2009, UNCW and Pender County received a Mllion Dollar grant to improve American History Education in North Carolina, which was written by Professor Diana Pasulka.
- In 2008, Professor Walt Conser received the NC Society of Historians' Ethel W. Twiford Religious History Book Award for his Coat of Many Colors: Religion and Society along the Cape Fear River of North Carolina (Kentucky, 2006).
- In 2008, Professor Teddy Burgh's book Listening to the Artifacts: Music Culture in Ancient Palestine (Continuum, 2006) was selected as winner of the 2008 Wachsmann Prize, presented by the Society for Ethnomusicology.
- In 2006, Professor Herbert Berg won the Chancellor's Teaching Excellence Award.