Elijah Muhammad. Makers of the Muslim World, edited by Patricia Crone. Oneworld Publications, 2013.
"Failures (of Nerve?) in the Study of Islamic Origins." Failure and Nerve in the Study of Religion: Working with Donald Wiebe, edited by William E. Arnal, Willi Braun, Russell T. McCutcheon, 112-128. London: Equinox, 2012.
"The Essence of Essentializing: A Critical Discourse on 'Critical Discourse in the Study of Islam'." Method & Theory in the Study of Religion 24 (2012):1-20.
"Elijah Muhammad." In Oxford Bibliographies in Islamic Studies, edited by Tamara Sonn. New York: Oxford University Press, 2012.
"Nation of Islam." In Oxford Bibliographies in Islamic Studies, edited by Tamara Sonn. New York: Oxford University Press, 2012.
"The Needle in the Haystack: Islamic Origins and the Nature of the Early Sources." In The Coming of the Comforter: When, Where, and to Whom? Studies on the Rise of Islam in Memory of John Wansbrough, edited by Basile Lourié, Carlos A. Segovia, Alessandro Bausi, 299-330. Piscataway, NJ: Gorgia Press, 2012.
"Elijah Muhammad's Redeployment of Muhammad: Racialist and Prophetic Interpretations of the Qur'ān." Transmission and Dynamics of the Textual Sources of Islam: Essays in Honour of Harald Motzki, edited by Nicolet Boekhoff-van der Voort, Kees Versteegh, and Joas Wagemakers, 321-345. Leiden: Brill Academic Publishers, 2011.
Elijah Muhammad and Islam. New York: NYU Press, 2009.
- INT 105 Introduction to International Studies
- INT 490 Senior Seminar in International Studies
- INT 292 Intensive Arabic I
- INT 292 Intensive Arabic II
- PAR 103 Introduction to Religion
- PAR 103 Introduction to Religion (Learning Community)
- PAR 230 Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
- PAR 232 Asian Religions
- PAR 325 Psychology of Religion
- PAR 342 Evil and Suffering
- PAR 343 Atheism and Unbelief
- PAR 375 Introduction to Islam
- PAR 376 Judaism
- PAR 400 Philosophy, Religion, and Sex
- PAR 495 Fundamentalism
- PAR 495 The Qur'an in Translation
- AM 317 America and Islam
- FLL 292 Intensive Arabic for Reading
- HONS America from the Outside
- SHS 210 The Mind and the Body
- GLS 510 Religion and Sex
- GLS 520 Atheism and Unbelief
- GLS 592 Evil and Suffering
- GLS 592 Islam and America
- 2013 Distinguished Faculty Scholar Award
- 2012 Distinguised Teaching Professorship Award
- 2012 Board of Trustees Teaching Excellence Award
- 2011 The Office of International Programs: Global Citizenship Grant
- 2007, -10 & -11 Discere Aude Award for outstanding efforts in student mentoring.
- 2006 The Chancellor's Teaching Excellence Award