Check Back in Spring 2016 For Archeology in Sicily Information
Past Study Abroad Trips:
"Art & Philosophy in Rome, Florence & Pisa" (May 11 - June 20, 2015)
Spend three weeks in Rome and three weeks in Florence exploring art, philosophy, religion and Western European culture! The program blends academics with cultural immersion in two of the most exciting and beautiful cities in Europe.
Below are the details about the Summer 2015 study abroad program.
The first 3 weeks are in Rome, the last 3 weeks are in Florence.
All instruction is in English.
The program is open to all majors. No prerequisites are required.
Enroll in two 3-unit courses:
- PAR 231: Primitive and Classical Religions (counts as a “Historical and Philosophical Approaches” University Studies course)
- PAR 316: Philosophy of Art (counts as an “Aesthetic, Interpretive, and Literary Perspectives” University Studies course)
Courses taught on-site in museums and galleries, in churches and cathedrals, and in palaces and gardens. Each day you’ll visit and have class in a different, historically-important site.
Program Fee: $4125
Federal and state financial aid may be applied toward this program.
Click here to submit an online application through the Office of International Programs. When doing a Program Search, please select “Italy” under the Country tab and “Faculty-Led” under the Provider tab. (The other fields can be left blank.) The first program to appear should be the “Art & Philosophy in Rome, Florence & Pisa” study abroad program.
France and Paris (Summer 2014)
The Louvre Paris, France Place de la Concorde Paris, France
UNCW Students Place de la Concorde Paris, France
UNCW Students enjoying the Seine, Paris, France
The whole group Versailles, Italy
The Collosseum Rome, Italy
Sicily Italy (Summer 2014)
Movie of Dr. Burgh and PAR majors preparing for the dig:
Top left: Students moving dirt in a brand new field. Students McKenzie Taylor (far let with pick and Adam Hartmann (far right standing) were instrumental in working this area.
Top right: View from the excavation at Mt. Raitano
Bottom right: Photos of a nice clean square at the end of the work day.
Bottom left: James Hodge and McKenzie Taylor enjyoing second breakfast and taking a well deserved break!
"Art & Philosophy in Florence & Paris" (May 12 - June 21, 2014)
- The first 3 weeks are in Italy, the last 3 weeks are in France
- All instruction is in English. Open to all majors.
- Enroll in two 3-unit courses: PAR 211 (Philosophy of Human Nature) and PAR 316 (Philosophy of Art)
- Courses taught on-site in museums and galleries, in churches and cathedrals, and in palaces and gardens
- Estimated Program Fee: $4400
Dr. Waldschlagel and students who participated in "Art & Philosophy in Florence & Paris" (Summer 2013)