Orientation is Mandatory for all new UNCW undergraduate students. The Onslow Extension Site provides Orientation each semester for newly admitted Extension students. During your orientation session, you will have the opportunity to have your student id picture taken for your UNCW One Card, purchase books from the UNCW bookstore, meet your academic advisor, and register for classes.
Onslow Extension Students should NOT register for a main campus Orientation session. All newly admitted freshmen and main campus transfer students need to register for a Main Campus Orientation session.
- Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin and Sampson Extension Students should contact the site’s coordinator to sign-up for orientation
- Students accepted into the Bachelor of Science RN to BS and the B.S. Clinical Research should contact the School of Nursing directly at 910.962.3208 to find out about their orientation; they should not register for the Onslow Extension orientation.
- Students accepted into the Elementary Education Licensure program should contact Mr. Sam Black at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about their orientation; they should not register for the Onslow Extension orientation.
- Graduate students should contact their academic advisor to find out about their orientation; they are not required to attend the Onslow Extension orientation.
Fall 2013 Onslow Extension Orientation Information
- Date: Thursday August 8, 2013
- Location: Coastal Carolina Community College Auditorium located in the Fine Arts Building (CCCC campus map)
- Student Check In: Due to space limitations, please arrive at your designated check-in time, listed below.
- 2:30 Social Work
- 2:50 Elementary Education
- 3:10 Business
- 3:20 Criminology
- UNCW ID: Photos for student ID cards will be taken immediately following check in
General Orientation for all Students: 3:30 - 7:30 PM
Following the general orientation session, students will meet with their academic advisor and register for classes
Prior to Orientation
1. Pay your $100 enrollment deposit
In order to register for Orientation, the $100 enrollment deposit must have been paid. If you have not paid your enrollment deposit, please reference the Teal Ticket Guidebook for step-by-step instructions on paying the deposit by mail or online (you may login to mySeaPort if you choose to pay online).
- Teal Ticket: Your step-by-step guide to enrollment at UNCW:
- mySeaPort: Personalized UNCW portal to access email, academic and social features
2. Register and pay for Orientation
To register online and pay the $20.00 orientation fee by credit card (MasterCard or Visa), please follow these instructions:
- Log into mySeaport
- Login with your UserID and password (If you are unable to access mySeaPort, please contact the Technology Assistance Center at 910.962.HELP)
- Click on the Student Services tab
- Scroll down on the left hand side of the screen and under Services click on "Orientation Signup"
- Follow the instructions to select your Orientation, and make your online payment
- Students who do not pay the Orientation Registration fee will not be able to register for classes the night of Orientation.
- No payment will be taken in person on the night of orientation.
- The orientation fee is NOT waived for Active Duty Military.
- Graduate students are welcome, but are not required to attend orientation.
- Due to space limitations, guests, spouses, and parents are not permitted to attend orientation.
3. Access you UNCW email accountStudents accounts are created upon acceptance to the university (refer to your Teal Ticket for more information).
- Your username is your first, middle and last initial followed by four random digits. Look up your username.
4. Contact your Academic Advisor:Your advisor will assist in determining which classes you will need to complete your degree at UNCW
- Business Administration: Leanne Smith - 910.962.2508 or email@example.com
- Criminology: Dr. Kenneth Mentor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elementary Education: Dr. Lisa Keenan - 910.455.8034 or email@example.com
- Social Work: Nicole Mattocks - 910.938.6380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Onslow Extension Social Work Program only accepts Social Work students for the FALL semester, and is a limited access cohort
5. Follow remaining steps on the Teal Ticket
- Immunization Records and Health Insurance are NOT required for Extension Students (please contact Katrin Wesner at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the student health insurance)
6. Review the Orientation FAQ's before attending orientation
Onslow Extension Site Orientation FAQ's (pdf) (not available at this time
A representative from the UNCW Bookstore will be available at CCCC for book purchases and buy-backs during orientation.
COASTAL CAROLINA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
2:00 - 7:00
August 8, 2013
Book Buying Options / Order Books Online
Student ID Cards
UNCW Student ID pictures will be taken the night of Orientation. The $20 fee for your ID card will be billed directly to your student account. You will not receive your student ID card on the night of orientation, but will receive it approximately 2 weeks later; ID cards may be picked up at the Onslow Extension office located in the Administration building at Coastal Carolina Community College. Refer to the UNCW Extension website for updates.
- The ID card and orientation fee are separate charges.
Makeup Orientation is no longer available for Spring 2013
The General Orientation Program IS mandatory for all newly admitted students. If you are unable to attend the scheduled Orientation program, you will need to complete a Makeup Orientation session. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Makeup sessions can only be completed after the scheduled Orientation. You will still be required to pay the $20 Orientation Registration fee. Please contact email@example.com if you are unable to attend the scheduled session, but plan to enroll at UNCW.
Makeup Orientation Directions
- Before you are able to register for classes, you will need to sign up for the makeup Spring Orientation Session, if you have not already done so (refer to the information above on how to register).
- After you have registered for Orientation, you will need to review the UNCW Summer 2013 PowerPoint (scroll to the bottom of the page). Please carefully read both the slides AND the notes.
- Once you have reviewed the PowerPoint, you will need to complete the makeup quiz.
- You and your advisor will be notified the following day (not including weekends) by email if you passed the quiz and are allowed to register for classes. If you would like your score the same day, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make every effort to check your score within a few hours (as long as you request your score during working office hours).
- 2013 Extension Makeup Orientation Quiz
Orientation Presentation and Handouts
After attending the UNCW Onslow Extension Site orientation, please refer to the resources below: