Orientation is mandatory for all new UNCW undergraduate students. The Onslow Extension Site provides Orientation each semester for newly admitted Extension students. During your orientation session, you will learn what you need to know to make a successful academic and personal adjustment to UNCW and the Onslow Extention Site. You will also have your student ID picture taken for your UNCW One Card, meet your academic advisor and register for classes.
Onslow Extension Students should NOT register for a main campus Orientation session.
- Students accepted into the B.S. Clinical Research should contact the Office of Student Success within the College of Health and Human Services at 910.962.3208 to find out about their orientation; they should NOT register for the Onslow Extension orientation.
- Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin and Sampson Elementary Education Extension Students should contact
Brenna Johnson - 910.355.2311 or firstname.lastname@example.org for Orinetation Information.
- Graduate students should contact their academic advisor to find out about their orientation; they are not required to attend the Onslow Extension orientation.
Summer 2016 Onslow Extension Orientation Information
- Date: Tuesday, May 10th 2016.
- Check in Time: 10:00am
- Location: Coastal Carolina Community College, Continuing Education Building (CE), Room CE 103/104
(CCCC campus map)
Following the general orientation session, students will meet with their academic advisor and register for classes
Prepare for Orientation
1. Pay your $100 enrollment deposit
In order to register for Orientation, the $100 enrollment deposit must have been paid. If you have not paid your enrollment deposit, please reference your Teal Ticket for step-by-step instructions on paying the deposit by mail or online.
2. Register and pay for Orientation
To register online and pay the $20.00 orientation fee by credit card (MasterCard or Visa), please follow these instructions:
- Log into mySeaport
- Login with your UserID and password (If you are unable to access mySeaPort, please contact the Technology Assistance Center at 910.962.HELP)
- Click on the Student Services tab
- Scroll down on the left hand side of the screen and under Services click on "Orientation Signup"
- Follow the instructions to select your Orientation, and make your online payment
- Students who do not pay the Orientation Registration fee will not be able to register for classes the night of Orientation.
- No payment will be taken in person on the night of orientation.
- The orientation fee is NOT waived for Active Duty Military.
- Graduate students are welcome, but are not required to attend orientation.
- Due to space limitations, guests, spouses, and parents are not permitted to attend orientation.
3. Access you UNCW email accountStudents accounts are created upon acceptance to the university (refer to your Teal Ticket for more information).
- Your username is your first, middle and last initial followed by four random digits. Look up your username.
4. Contact your Academic Advisor:Your advisor will assist in determining which classes you will need to complete your degree at UNCW
- Business Administration: Crystal Hollenbaugh - 910.962.2508 or email@example.com
- Criminology: Dr. Kenneth Mentor - 910.859.3460 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elementary Education: Brenna Johnson - 910.355.2311 or email@example.com
- Social Work: Vicci White - 910.962.7099 / firstname.lastname@example.org
or Gail Picillo - 910.962.7605 / email@example.com
5. Follow remaining steps on the Teal Ticket
- Immunization Records and Health Insurance are NOT required for Extension Students (please contact Katrin Wesner at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the student health insurance)
6. Review the Orientation FAQ's before attending orientation
A representative from the UNCW Bookstore will be available at CCCC for book purchases and buy-backs during orientation.
Book Buying Options / Order Books Online
Onslow Extension students receive free shipping
when ordering their books online.
Information on ordering books online can be found on our Library/Bookstore page located under For Students/ Library and Bookstore.
Student ID Cards
UNCW Student ID pictures will be taken the night of Orientation. The $20 fee for your ID card will be billed directly to your student account. You will not receive your student ID card on the night of orientation, but will receive it approximately 2 weeks later; ID cards may be picked up at the Onslow Extension office located in the Administration building at Coastal Carolina Community College. Refer to the UNCW Extension website for updates.
Note: The ID card and orientation fee are separate charges.
- Spring 2015 Orientation PowerPoint (pdf)
- How to Register on SeaNet (pdf)
- Hot Links (pdf)
- Orientation FAQ's (pdf)
- Financial Aid Resources
Makeup Orientation Directions
- In order to complete the Orientation Makeup Quiz, you will need to review the UNCW Spring 2015 PowerPoint along with Orientation Resources (above) .
- You will receive an email containing a link to the Orientation Makeup Quiz, once you complete the quiz with a passing score, your advisor will contact you with information on registering for classes