Welcome to the UNCW English as a Second Language Program!
INTENSIVE ENGLISH PROGRAMS
Fall (begins mid-August) & Spring (begins in January)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE & US CULTURE SUMMER PROGRAM
Summer (begins the end of June)
Program Features (included in program cost)
- Weekly activity or excursion (includes transportation, admission, and UNCW guides)
- Check out the UNCW ESL Program Facebook page to see what we do!
- Conversation Partner program
- Friendship Family program
- Full access to the Student Recreation Center (gymnasium) and Randall Library
- Optional overnight trip (3-4 nights) offered
- Institutional TOEFL test available
- Conditional admission to UNCW
- 15,000+ students
- Modern facilities
- Welcoming, relaxed environment
- Centrally located
- Beautiful beach town
- Historic downtown located on a river
- Urban Population: 220,000
- Major center for film production
- Located midway between New York City and Orlando, Florida
"The English as a Second Language Program at the University of North Carolina Wilmington is committed to providing support, intensive English language instruction, and various American cultural experiences to students who are learning English as a second language, which will empower them to become successful students in the mainstream classroom and productive members of the community."