College of Health & Human Services
School of Health and Applied Human Sciences
Clinical Instructor, Recreation Therapy
Vacancy # 13F031
Position # 5252
The School of Health and Applied Human Sciences (SHAHS) in the College of Health and Human Services at the University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW) seeks an outstanding faculty member for a clinical (lecturer) instructor position in the School’s Recreation Therapy program beginning July 1, 2013.
Responsibilities: The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Teaching undergraduate recreation therapy courses
- Coordinating and supervising clinical internships in recreation therapy
- Providing campus, community, and professional service
Required Qualifications: Applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Recreation Therapy/Therapeutic Recreation, Recreation or Leisure Studies with an emphasis in recreation therapy/therapeutic recreation, or closely-related field with at least 18 hours of graduate coursework in recreation therapy/therapeutic recreation.
- National certification as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist and be eligible for licensure in NC as a Licensed Recreational Therapist
- Evidence of successful teaching or potential for successful teaching and/or clinical supervision of undergraduate students
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide array of campus and community constituents to involve students in applied learning and regional engagement
- Evidence of success or potential for success in working with diverse populations
Preferred Qualifications: It is preferred that applicants possess the following qualifications:
- Experience in coordinating and supervising clinical internships in recreation therapy.
- Evidence of successful technology integration in course delivery including Blackboard course management system
UNCW is one of 17 constituent campuses of the University of North Carolina system with an enrollment of over 13,000. It offers over 70 undergraduate, 31 master’s, and two doctoral degree programs. At UNCW, passionate and engaged teaching, learning and research are valued. UNCW, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to learning through the integration of teaching and mentoring with research and service. UNCW is unique in its dedication to combining a commitment to excellence in teaching with research opportunities for student involvement. Located in the port city of Wilmington, the university is situated between the Cape Fear River and the Atlantic Ocean.
To apply, please complete the online application process available on the Web at http://consensus.uncw.edu. A letter of application that describes academic qualifications, a curriculum vitae detailing teaching, research, service, and leadership experience in health-related programs, and contact information for three professional references should be addressed to Chair, Search Committee for the Recreation Therapy Clinical Instructor Position in the School of Health and Applied Human Sciences, College of Health and Human Services, and attached to the online application - not emailed, mailed, or faxed. Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF attachments are required. For questions regarding the online application process, contact Ms. Jennifer Coombs at (910) 962-3196. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by November 9, 2012; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. More information about the institution is available through http://www.uncw.edu/.
UNCW actively fosters a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified men and women from all racial, ethnic, or other minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.