Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid is located in the Warwick Center.
UNCW Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid
601 S. College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5951
UNCW School Code:
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) and the Career Center offer employment services to students in Federal Work Study and Work Assist positions.
Federal Work-Study (FWS)
- FWS program provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students who have established financial need through the submission of the FAFSA.
- Earnings are not applied to students' accounts. Students receive a paycheck (typically direct deposited) the 15th of each month for the hours worked the previous month. Earnings can be used to help pay monthly personal expenses.
- Students may not earn more than the amount of their work-study award.
- UNCW is also committed to the America Reads/Counts Program and offers students paid opportunities to tutor elementary and middle school children in reading and math.
- If you are eligible, and funds are available, FWS will be included in your financial aid award. If you are not initially awarded, you may contact our office in November to see if there are additional FWS funds available.
- Since FWS is a need-based, federally funded program, not all students will qualify. Many departments hire students under the work assist program and financial need is not a consideration.
- For more information on work assist/FWS positions, please view UNCW's Seawork page.