Faculty Senate Standing Rules
- Regular meetings of the UNCW Faculty Senate are held at 2:00 p.m. on a Tuesday of each month from September through April, as scheduled by the President in consultation with the Steering Committee. The scheduled meeting dates of the Senate and the Steering Committee for the current academic year shall be published with the September agenda.
- Separate seating shall be provided for voting senators and for non-voting senators and visitors.
- The Senate normally shall adjourn no later than 4:00 p.m.
- Election of the President-Elect shall be a Special Order of the Day on the agenda of the December meeting.
- Election of all other officers shall be a Special Order of the Day on the agenda of the September meeting. Those officers shall take office immediately upon election.
- All motions pending at the conclusion of the last regular Senate meeting shall be carried over to the next academic year.