More Upcoming Events
- August 11, 2014, 4 p.m. - The Business of Beer at the Beach - David Gardner, Angel Investor for Fortnight Brewing Company, Dino Radosta of White Street Brewing Company, and Derek Allen and Hayley Wells of Ward and Smith, P.A. will be here to discuss the growing business of microbreweries in North Carolina. Email email@example.com to RSVP. Thank you to our Event Sponsor, Ward and Smith, P.A.
- August 14, 2014, 10 a.m. - NC IDEA Fall 2014 Wilmington Info Session - For those interested in applying for NC IDEA Grants are encouraged to attend this free info session. Companies focused on software, information technology, medical devices or material sciences are encouraged to apply. To register, visit the registration page.
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Coastal Connect Entrepreneur and Capital Conference
CIE in the News
- Wilmington startups looking for a few good ‘angels’ - Port City Daily, 07.24.14
- Oracle CIO Talks Tech - GWBJ, 07.18.14
- Wilmington company aims to improve elections - Port City Daily, 06.25.14
- Panel Shares Tips for Securing Early-stage Investment - GWBJ, 06.20.14
- Coworking Hives Create Growing Buzz - GWBJ, 06.06.14
- What's next for Next Glass? Beer & wine app a 'best investment' - Port City Daily, 05.22.14
- Next Glass Wins At Startup Showcase - GWBJ, 05.16.14
- SBA Solicits Applications For Business Accelerator Competition - GWBJ, 05.14.14
- Talking pain points: What keeps employers up at night - WRALTechWire, 04.25.14
- UNCW event aims to link entrepreneurs with major corporations - Star News, 04.24.14
- Companies Discuss Challenges; Ask For Solutions - GWBJ, 04.24.14
- Technology Earns Startups Time On Stage - GWBJ, 04.15.14
- The lucky-to-be-alive Wilmington entrepreneur behind an 'extreme super food' - Triangle Business Journal, 04.14.14
- Partnership Connects Centers To Benefit Startups - GWBJ, 04.07.14
- Program helps veterans realize entrepreneurial dreams - Port City Daily, 04.04.14
- UNCW CIE Director Roberts Named a Reviewer for NC IDEA - UNCW, 03.26.14
- Don't Stereotype Startups in Wilmington - !ExitEvent, 03.19.14
- 'Optimism' expressed for local innovation economy - Port City Daily, 03.14.14
- Center Events Stretch Entrepreneurial Thinking, Boundaries - GWBJ, 02.21.14
- Bridges to Business - Business Radio X, 01.20.14
- Print 3D, everyday items? Local entrepreneurs laud the possibilities - Port City Daily, 01.17.14
Become a member
Benefits of Membership
Becoming a member of the UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is not required to attend most general events, however becoming a member symbolizes your support for the Center’s mission, ensures attendance for all events including special events, offers additional opportunities and recognition not available to non-members and supports the Center’s resources to maintain and expand programs that support entrepreneurship in the Cape Fear Region. Specifically the benefits for members are:
- Attendance at all Entrepreneurship events with no registration fees for members.
- Eligiblity to present at the Rocket Pitch series.
- Can attend member only networking sessions and office hours
- Specially-notated member name tags for events
- Member Recognition on the website
Before submitting an application it is important to understand some membership guidelines to help us ensure individuals and companies involved in the UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship are aligned with the mission and the quality experiences, people and programs offered.
Submitting an application does not guarantee membership. Applications are reviewed to ensure a proper fit with the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Membership can be revoked if it is discovered you are blatantly advertising or selling your products/services at events including solicitations, forcible networking or taking advantage of members, engaging in business or professional activities that may be deemed “unethical”, misrepresenting your affiliation with the Center or publicizing the Center using falsified statements.
Your annual membership begins when your application is received and accepted. There are six types of membership options available which are listed below. Please ensure you select the right membership type for you and/or your company.
- Individual Membership: This is the standard membership for one person.
- Partner Membership: This is for two entrepreneurs and/or executives who are part of the same company or organization.
- Company Membership Less then 50 Employees: This membership level allows all members of your organization to participate as members in the CIE under your company’s name.
- Corporate Membership More then 50 Employees: This membership level allows all members of your organization to participate as members in the CIE under your company’s name.
- Student Membership: This membership is for University and Community College students to become part of the CIE. You must be formally enrolled to be eligible for this membership level.
- UNCW Faculty/Staff Membership: For UNCW Faculty and Staff this special membership level provides an opportunity to become involved in the Center.