More Upcoming Events
- August 11, 2014, 4 p.m. - The Business of Beer at the Beach - David Gardner, Angel Investor for Fortnight Brewing Company, Dino Radosta of White Street Brewing Company, and Derek Allen and Hayley Wells of Ward and Smith, P.A. will be here to discuss the growing business of microbreweries in North Carolina. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP. Thank you to our Event Sponsor, Ward and Smith, P.A.
- August 14, 2014, 10 a.m. - NC IDEA Fall 2014 Wilmington Info Session - For those interested in applying for NC IDEA Grants are encouraged to attend this free info session. Companies focused on software, information technology, medical devices or material sciences are encouraged to apply. To register, visit the registration page.
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Coastal Connect Entrepreneur and Capital Conference
CIE in the News
- Wilmington startups looking for a few good ‘angels’ - Port City Daily, 07.24.14
- Startup Experience Lands HUGO Co-founder In Larger Startup Pond, GWBJ, 07.24.14
- Oracle CIO Talks Tech - GWBJ, 07.18.14
- Wilmington company aims to improve elections - Port City Daily, 06.25.14
- Panel Shares Tips for Securing Early-stage Investment - GWBJ, 06.20.14
- Coworking Hives Create Growing Buzz - GWBJ, 06.06.14
- What's next for Next Glass? Beer & wine app a 'best investment' - Port City Daily, 05.22.14
- Next Glass Wins At Startup Showcase - GWBJ, 05.16.14
- SBA Solicits Applications For Business Accelerator Competition - GWBJ, 05.14.14
- Talking pain points: What keeps employers up at night - WRALTechWire, 04.25.14
- UNCW event aims to link entrepreneurs with major corporations - Star News, 04.24.14
- Companies Discuss Challenges; Ask For Solutions - GWBJ, 04.24.14
- Technology Earns Startups Time On Stage - GWBJ, 04.15.14
- The lucky-to-be-alive Wilmington entrepreneur behind an 'extreme super food' - Triangle Business Journal, 04.14.14
- Partnership Connects Centers To Benefit Startups - GWBJ, 04.07.14
- Program helps veterans realize entrepreneurial dreams - Port City Daily, 04.04.14
- UNCW CIE Director Roberts Named a Reviewer for NC IDEA - UNCW, 03.26.14
- Don't Stereotype Startups in Wilmington - !ExitEvent, 03.19.14
- 'Optimism' expressed for local innovation economy - Port City Daily, 03.14.14
- Center Events Stretch Entrepreneurial Thinking, Boundaries - GWBJ, 02.21.14
- Bridges to Business - Business Radio X, 01.20.14
- Print 3D, everyday items? Local entrepreneurs laud the possibilities - Port City Daily, 01.17.14
Queensboro Shirt Company
Queensboro Shirt Company specializes in providing businesses, organizations, teams and individuals with customized embroidered logos on high quality polo and tee shirts, bags, hats and other garments and accessories. In 1995 Fred Myers moved the growing custom embroidery business from New York to Wilmington, NC. The change in geographic location was to 1) be closer to a supplier, and 2) relocate to a business-friendly environment which would foster growth and success. Queensboro grew from 25 employees at that time to the 100 happy team members who are employed today.
Meyers, President and Founder, says Wilmington is a perfect location because it is near the water, but not isolated. He says the city is filled with good people who work hard and enjoy the big city conveniences with the small town feel. Wilmington is a relatively inexpensive city to run a business, especially for the quality of life that the beautiful coastal town provides. The clean environment, arts and culture, diversity and access to the resources at UNCW is what continues to bring smart, motivated people to Wilmington year after year. Queensboro is excited about the growth potential in Wilmington as well as helping other small business and organizations succeed by offering unbeatable prices on quality, custom logo embroidery shirts the absolute best value (and most comfortable way!) to market a company’s brand.
View Company Website: Queensboro Shirt Company