2015 Upcoming Events
- May 21, 7:30-9:45 a.m., Burney Center - 2015 Greater Wilmington Business Journal Coastal Entrepreneur Awards
- May 26, 6:00-9:00 p.m., CIE - Building and Validating Data Entry Forms in AngularJS
- May 28, 4:00-7:00 p.m., CIE - The Coastal Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: It’s Not a Jungle Out There - Join representatives from the CIE, Seahawk Innovation, Elite Innovations, tekMountain, Ignition, and the Small Business and Technology Development Center in an exploration of the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Learn how it supports innovators, entrepreneurs and businesses in the Wilmington area and sustains both incubator and accelerator resources necessary for continued growth. Register Now!
CIE in the News
- The new face of aging: UNCW professor turns life expectancy research into business - Port City Daily, 05.18.15
- Putting Buzzwords To Work - GWBJ, 05.18.15
- UNCW student has dream of green gym - Star News, 05.11.15
- Flippze Focuses On Student Users - GWBJ, 05.08.15
- UNCW Officials Look at CIE's Future - GWBJ, 03.27.15
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
Queensboro Shirt Company
Queensboro Shirt Company specializes in providing businesses, organizations, teams and individuals with customized embroidered logos on high quality polo and tee shirts, bags, hats and other garments and accessories. In 1995 Fred Myers moved the growing custom embroidery business from New York to Wilmington, NC. The change in geographic location was to 1) be closer to a supplier, and 2) relocate to a business-friendly environment which would foster growth and success. Queensboro grew from 25 employees at that time to the 100 happy team members who are employed today.
Meyers, President and Founder, says Wilmington is a perfect location because it is near the water, but not isolated. He says the city is filled with good people who work hard and enjoy the big city conveniences with the small town feel. Wilmington is a relatively inexpensive city to run a business, especially for the quality of life that the beautiful coastal town provides. The clean environment, arts and culture, diversity and access to the resources at UNCW is what continues to bring smart, motivated people to Wilmington year after year. Queensboro is excited about the growth potential in Wilmington as well as helping other small business and organizations succeed by offering unbeatable prices on quality, custom logo embroidery shirts the absolute best value (and most comfortable way!) to market a company’s brand.
View Company Website: Queensboro Shirt Company