More Upcoming Events
- April 24, 2014 - The Big 5 Employers: Pains That Keep Us Up at Night - Leaders from five of the region's largest companies will share their needs, the common challenges they face and opportunities for local entrepreneurs to provide solutions. To register visit Event Registration Page.
- May 13, 2014 - Internship Summit - Learn how to secure UNCW students as interns for your company and how to become a part of the Certified Internship Program
- June, 2014 - Potential Rocket Pitch
- June 19, 2014 - Three Level of Investors - Early Angels, Angel Groups and Venture Capitalists
- July 17, 2014 - Tom Fisher, Senior VP & CIO of Cloud at Oracle Corp. - Fisher has been at the C-Level for tech giants such as Qualcomm, eBay, and Gateway Computers.
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Anniversary Event of CIE Grand Opening
CIE in the News
- Technology Earns Startups Time On Stage - GWBJ, 04.15.14
- The lucky-to-be-alive Wilmington entrepreneur behind an 'extreme super food' - Triangle Business Journal, 04.14.14
- Partnership Connects Centers To Benefit Startups - GWBJ, 04.07.14
- Program helps veterans realize entrepreneurial dreams - Port City Daily, 04.04.14
- UNCW CIE Director Roberts Named a Reviewer for NC IDEA - UNCW, 03.26.14
- Don't Stereotype Startups in Wilmington - !ExitEvent, 03.19.14
- 'Optimism' expressed for local innovation economy - Port City Daily, 03.14.14
- Center Events Stretch Entrepreneurial Thinking, Boundaries - GWBJ, 02.21.14
- Print 3D, everyday items? Local entrepreneurs laud the possibilities - Port City Daily, 01.17.14
- Wilmington firm makes new blood circulation device - Wilmington Star-News, 12.28.13
- Wilmington start-up uses science to judge wine - Wilmington Star-News, 12.21.13
- Wilmington startup Next Glass wins statewide tech award - Port City Daily, 11.8.13
- Rocket Pitch audience hears from investors, startups - GWBJ, 10.31.13
- Interview: F. Scott Moody, AuthenTec co-founder, says Wilmington has good support system for startups - Port City Daily, 10.24.13
- Center holds small business grant workshop - Greater Wilmington Business Journal, 10.17.13
- Wilmington’s new entrepreneurship center could someday fund your startup
Triangle Business Journal (blog)
- More news
Queensboro Shirt Company
Queensboro Shirt Company specializes in providing businesses, organizations, teams and individuals with customized embroidered logos on high quality polo and tee shirts, bags, hats and other garments and accessories. In 1995 Fred Myers moved the growing custom embroidery business from New York to Wilmington, NC. The change in geographic location was to 1) be closer to a supplier, and 2) relocate to a business-friendly environment which would foster growth and success. Queensboro grew from 25 employees at that time to the 100 happy team members who are employed today.
Meyers, President and Founder, says Wilmington is a perfect location because it is near the water, but not isolated. He says the city is filled with good people who work hard and enjoy the big city conveniences with the small town feel. Wilmington is a relatively inexpensive city to run a business, especially for the quality of life that the beautiful coastal town provides. The clean environment, arts and culture, diversity and access to the resources at UNCW is what continues to bring smart, motivated people to Wilmington year after year. Queensboro is excited about the growth potential in Wilmington as well as helping other small business and organizations succeed by offering unbeatable prices on quality, custom logo embroidery shirts the absolute best value (and most comfortable way!) to market a company’s brand.
View Company Website: Queensboro Shirt Company