2015 Upcoming Events
- Beginning January 28, every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: email@example.com
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. For more information and to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 26, MARBIONC CREST Campus - Life Sciences in Wilmington - More info coming soon. RSVP to: email@example.com
CIE in the News
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
- WATCH: When Entrepreneurs and Filmmakers Got Together at Cucalorus - ExitEvent, 11.24.14
- Scott Moody's choice: 'Internet of You,' not 'Internet of Things' - WRAL Tech Wire, 11.21.14
- Cucalorus 10x10 Project Gives Startups Screen Time, Experience - GWBJ, 11.18.14
- Bringing competitive spirit to coast leads to White House invite - WRAL Tech Wire, 11.17.14
- CIE Director Visits White House To Accept Award - GWBJ, 11.13.14
- NCino, Other Local Startups Shine At Tech Awards - GWBJ, 11.07.14
- EasyVote's Software Promises Smoother Running Elections - Xconomy, 11.03.14
- Business Rx: Election tech company votes for growth - The Washington Post, 11.02.14
- Competition Offers Prize Of South By Southwest Interactive Passes - GWBJ, 10.31.14
- CIE Tenant Lands Seed Money Investment From Raleigh Team - GWBJ, 10.30.14
- Next Glass Showcases at Star-Studded #WSJDLive in SoCal - ExitEvent, 10.29.14
- Venturing into an action-filled shark tank for Venture Atlanta - WRAL Tech Wire, 10.22.14
- Wilmington startups represented at technology awards in Raleigh - Star News, 10.11.14
- 6 To Grow On: Leaders Tackling Garner Recommendations - GWBJ, 10.10.14
- Silicon Valley Tools for Wilmington's Beach Startups - ExitEvent, 10.09.14
- Startup Aims To Tidy Up Cleaning Services - GWBJ, 10.01.14
- Bob Creeden - Help attract technology to coast - Star News, 10.01.14
Dry Pro, Inc. and Dry Case, Inc.
DryPro manufactures waterproof, vacuum-sealed covers, designed to improve customers quality of life. The core products include cast and bandage covers, PICC line covers, ostomy covers, and prosthetic covers. Going for a swim, taking a shower, or receiving hydrotherapy is no longer a problem. The DryPro cover is made of a high quality surgical rubber material and uses the DryPro pump to create the vacuum seal. In 2009, the DryPro team developed a new product that has become an instant success. DryCase is a clear waterproof bag that allows complete use of your phone or camera while keeping it dry and clean.
Many of the recreational activities in Wilmington are focused watersports, and DryPro enjoys the benefits from having such an active test market. Corey Heim, Chief Operating Officer and also an alumni of the UNCW Cameron School of Business, describes how new ideas evolve while kayaking, surfing, or paddleboarding in the local waters. He has also found the UNCW Entrepreneur Center to be a helpful resource. Brainstorming with other business owners involved in the UNCWEC and learning new strategies for negotiating terms with international suppliers are two areas that DryPro has found most helpful. Additionally, DryPro enjoys the young talent provided through UNCW student internships and encourages the students to provide valuable feedback on the products.
View Company Website: Dry Pro, Inc. and Dry Case, Inc.