2015 Upcoming Events
- May 21, 7:30-9:45 a.m., Burney Center - 2015 Greater Wilmington Business Journal Coastal Entrepreneur Awards
- May 26, 6:00-9:00 p.m., CIE - Building and Validating Data Entry Forms in AngularJS
- May 28, 4:00-7:00 p.m., CIE - The Coastal Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: It’s Not a Jungle Out There - Join representatives from the CIE, Seahawk Innovation, Elite Innovations, tekMountain, Ignition, and the Small Business and Technology Development Center in an exploration of the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Learn how it supports innovators, entrepreneurs and businesses in the Wilmington area and sustains both incubator and accelerator resources necessary for continued growth. Register Now!
CIE in the News
- The new face of aging: UNCW professor turns life expectancy research into business - Port City Daily, 05.18.15
- Putting Buzzwords To Work - GWBJ, 05.18.15
- UNCW student has dream of green gym - Star News, 05.11.15
- Flippze Focuses On Student Users - GWBJ, 05.08.15
- UNCW Officials Look at CIE's Future - GWBJ, 03.27.15
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
Dry Pro, Inc. and Dry Case, Inc.
DryPro manufactures waterproof, vacuum-sealed covers, designed to improve customers quality of life. The core products include cast and bandage covers, PICC line covers, ostomy covers, and prosthetic covers. Going for a swim, taking a shower, or receiving hydrotherapy is no longer a problem. The DryPro cover is made of a high quality surgical rubber material and uses the DryPro pump to create the vacuum seal. In 2009, the DryPro team developed a new product that has become an instant success. DryCase is a clear waterproof bag that allows complete use of your phone or camera while keeping it dry and clean.
Many of the recreational activities in Wilmington are focused watersports, and DryPro enjoys the benefits from having such an active test market. Corey Heim, Chief Operating Officer and also an alumni of the UNCW Cameron School of Business, describes how new ideas evolve while kayaking, surfing, or paddleboarding in the local waters. He has also found the UNCW Entrepreneur Center to be a helpful resource. Brainstorming with other business owners involved in the UNCWEC and learning new strategies for negotiating terms with international suppliers are two areas that DryPro has found most helpful. Additionally, DryPro enjoys the young talent provided through UNCW student internships and encourages the students to provide valuable feedback on the products.
View Company Website: Dry Pro, Inc. and Dry Case, Inc.