2015 Upcoming Events
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. REGISTRATION IS FULL - to be considered for the next Boot Camp, please email email@example.com
- Every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 7, 4:00-7:00 p.m., CIE - Jim Harvey's entrepreneurial spirit combined with a passion for helping customers succeed, drive him to help developers market and monetize their apps. In celebration of UNCW's commencement activities, Jim, a UNCW graduate, will be here to tell his story and share his experiences in business and in life since leaving UNCW. Register now!
CIE in the News
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
Castle Branch was started over 10 years ago and has expanded its services to provide employment, business and tenant screening as well as drug testing and investigative services. Their reputation and commitment to service has helped Castle Branch become the tenth largest background check company in the US. By offering a wide range of services, Castle Branch wants to continue to help businesses make safe and informed decisions.
The Wilmington area is especially unique for Castle Branch. With no other companies providing the same type of services, Castle Branch has found this area to be a high growth location. Also, the highly education population provides a number of qualified employees that also enjoy the work/life balance found in coastal North Carolina. Many employees for Castle Branch, both student interns and full-time workers have ties to UNCW. The UNCW Entrepreneur Center is also a vital link for Castle Branch to the community. The networking opportunities provided through UNCWEC offer a unique opportunity to introduce Castle Branch to new potential clients.