Professional Development Workshops
For more information about the types of programs we offer please see Workshop Descriptions!
This past year, CESTEM hosted 25 professional development (PD) programs and outreach activities and served 518 participants, totaling 5,875 of contact hours of instruction, with most awarded licensure renewal or graduate credit hours.
For the 2014 - 2015 year, our Professional Development evaluations have proved that
- 75.23% of teacher participants stated that they would incorporate the content from the program in their classroom often and/or to a great extent
- 95.41% of teacher participants stated that they would recommend the program to other teachers
- 92.66% of teacher participants agree and/or strongly agree that the program deepened their understanding of science/math concepts
CESTEM will maintain the number of Professional Development (PD) opportunities, participants served, and contact hours offered to our partners; continue to market PD opportunities more directly to UNCW students, teacher candidates and K-12 teachers in the classrooms; and begin efforts to engage social media (Facebook, Twitter, Website) to increase PD workshop awareness and interest.
- 3D Printer & Software Workshop
Saturday, February 25
8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- To register for one of these programs, please complete the CESTEM Online Registration Form. For additional information, please call the Center at (910) 962-3168 or send e-mail to email@example.com.
- Registration fees need to be sent in as soon as possible to save your seat. Please review the Registration Deadline dates listed on flyers. Your seat is not 100% saved until payment has been received. Please send a check, payable to "UNCW CESTEM", to 601 S. College Rd. Wilmington, NC 28403-5976.
- StarLab Planetarium Workshop: Wednesday 11/9/2016
- Hour of Code Workshop: Saturday 11/5/2016
- October Skies - Civil Air Patrol Workshop: Friday 11/4/2016
- Vernier Probeware Workshop - Tuesday 9/20/2016