Stay tuned for information on the 2014 Professional Development Workshops!
For more information about the types of programs we offer please see Workshop Descriptions!
- The center hosted 25 professional development (PD) programs and outreach activities and served 518 participants, totaling 5,875 of contact hours of instruction, with most awarded licensure renewal or graduate credit hours.
- CESTEM will maintain the number of Professional Development (PD) opportunities, participants served, and contact hours offered to our partners; continue to market PD opportunities more directly to UNCW students, teacher candidates and K-12 teachers in the classrooms; and begin efforts to engage social media (Facebook, Twitter, Website) to increase PD workshop awareness and interest
Professional Development Workshops
North Carolina Science Olympiad Workshop-October 26, 2013
Above Image: "Kelly Fair Leads Activity During NCSO Workshop"
- Lead by Kelly Fair- Middle/High Division Director of NC Science Olympiad, David Glenn- Science Olympiad Coach, Burgaw Middle School, and Dr. Dennis Kubasko- Director of the Regional Science Olympiad
- This workshop was designed to promote the North Carolina Science Olympiad and to provide insights on how to run certain Science Olympiad activities. Participants partook in certain events and learned tips and tricks from the creators of the events and experienced coaches.
- To register for one of the programs listed in Workshop Descriptions, please complete the CESTEM on-line registration form, unless otherwise indicated. For additional information, please call the Center at (910) 962-3168 or send e-mail to email@example.com.
- Registration fees are due at least 14 days prior to the start of the workshop. Please send a check, payable to CESTEM, to 601 S. College Rd. Wilmington, NC 28403-5976. Payments exceptions will be made to pay fees after the new fiscal year with written approval from a school administrator with fiscal authority.
- Registration fees are refundable if cancellations are received 15 days prior to the first day of the workshop. A $25 processing fee will be charged. After the cancellation deadline, no refunds will be given. Participant substitutions may be made.