Quick TLP Information
- Work in a department related to the STEM fields? Have your department meeting at CESTEM and see what we have to offer!
- To inquire about a TLP item, including the Starlab, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- *You may check out TLP equipment for ONLY two weeks at a time.*
- TLP equipment can be picked up Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Technology Loan Program (TLP)
The Technology Loan Program (TLP) will be closed from December 1, 2013 until January 15, 2014.
Check out our fully updated list of equipment with links to descriptions of some items! This list is a work in progress, so check back for an even newer version shortly! Please note that some links may not match the exact product available.
Take a look at our list of materials that we offer through our FREE Technology Loan Program! This list includes the $10,000 worth of Vernier equipment we obtained through a grant in 2011! If you do not see what you are looking for, call us. We may be able to help you find what you need.
- We also have an extensive library of books available (PDF), including text books and fiction.
- Our Technology Loan Program has really taken off, so we recommend that you email us to make sure what you need is in, instead of just stopping by.
- Please be advised that there may be a wait on some items, particularly the Starlab. We may also need the equipment returned by a specific date.
- When you come to pick up the equipment, you may park in visitor parking or you may pull up to the rear of our building.
- If you check out the Starlab or anything else that may be heavy, please pull up to the rear of the building. If you need assistance loading the equipment, we can help you.
- You may also call the office when you arrive and, if we are available, we can meet you outside.
- It is very helpful if we know the date and estimated time you plan to stop by, just to make sure someone will be available to assist you.
- There is a $30 maintenance fee for the Starlab. You may mail a check, payable to CESTEM, to 601 S. College Rd. Wilmington, NC 28403-5976. If your school requires an invoice, please email us at email@example.com.
- Please call or email us to schedule the dates for check out.
- The Starlab's popularity is growing, so please try to plan in advance. It is also helpful if you let us know in advance which cylinders you would like to take with you. That way, we can have everything ready when you arrive.
- We have the following cylinders: Moon Phases, Urban Star Field, Constellations (stick figures), Greek Mythology, African Mythology, Native American Myth, Northern and Southern Stars, Plate Tectonics, Northern Hemisphere Map, Biological Cell.
- Please take advantage of our loading dock if you are checking out the Starlab. It is heavy; we advise that you use two people to lift it.
Parking will be changing in 2014, please see homepage for more details
- There are parking spaces on Price Drive, between the building and the road, that are labeled "Parking for SBTDC Only". We have gotten permission from that office, as well as Parking, for teachers who are picking up equipment from our TLP program to park there. This is short term parking only, please only park there if you are picking up equipment.
- We recommend that you write "CESTEM" on a sheet of paper and leave it in your windshield, so everyone will know that your car will only be there for a short time.
- The spaces are on the side of Price Drive. You will go over one narrow yellow speed bump, then a wider speed bump that is right in front of a parking lot. The spaces are just a few yards from that speed bump, before you get to the second yellow speed bump.
- STEM Departments are welcomed to hold department meetings in the CESTEM office!
- Collaboration between offices presents a great opportunity for departments to see the tools offered for check-out through our Technology Loan Program.
- For more information, or if interested, please send an email to AC Hosea (firstname.lastname@example.org).