Technology Loan Program (TLP)
Check out our fully updated (As of September 2016) list of equipment with links to descriptions of some items! Please note that some links may not match the exact product available.
Take a look at our list of materials that we offer through our FREE Technology Loan Program! This list includes the $10,000 worth of Vernier equipment we obtained through a grant in 2011! If you do not see what you are looking for, call us. We may be able to help you find what you need.
- We also have an extensive library of books available (Excel), including text books and fiction.
- Our Technology Loan Program has really taken off, so we recommend that you email us to make sure what you need is in, instead of just stopping by.
- Attendance at our StarLab and 3D Printer Workshops is required before those check outs can take place.
- Starting in September 2016, we have a new Lego MindStorm Robot Kit policy. Please email for more information.
- Please be advised that there may be a wait on some items, particularly the Starlab. We may also need the equipment returned by a specific date.
- It is very helpful if we know the date and estimated time you plan to stop by, just to make sure someone will be available to assist you.
- There is a $30 maintenance fee for the Starlab. You may mail a check, payable to "UNCW CESTEM", to 601 S. College Rd. Wilmington, NC 28403-5976. If your school requires an invoice, please email us at email@example.com.
- Please call or email us to schedule the dates for check out.
- You must have attended our StarLab workshop to be able to check this item out.
- The Starlab's popularity is growing, so please try to plan in advance. It is also helpful if you let us know in advance which cylinders you would like to take with you. That way, we can have everything ready when you arrive.
- Please email for a list of cylinders.
- If you check out the Starlab, please be prepared to bring a large vehicle. If you need assistance loading the equipment, we can help you.
- There are parking spaces available for our visitors in front of our office building with signs labeled "CAT".
- We recommend that you write "CESTEM" on a sheet of paper and leave it in your windshield, so everyone will know that your car will only be there for a short time.
- For more detail please see our location on the Campus Map.
- K-12 School STEM Departments are welcomed to hold department meetings in the CESTEM office!
- Collaboration between offices presents a great opportunity for departments to see the tools offered for check-out through our Technology Loan Program.
- For more information, or if interested, please send an email to Chris Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org).