University College

Transfer Credits

Make sure to send in your final official transcript from the college you attended through the EC program to the UNCW Office of the Registrar to have coursework posted to your UNCW transcript and officially receive credit. This MUST come from the community college/university - not your high school. If you are receiving your Associate's Degree, the date conferred must also be posted on your transcript to have this credited to your UNCW transcript. UNCW will evaluate your previous coursework for how it will transfer into UNCW. Taking care of transcripts as soon as they are final (and before attending orientation) will help your registration go more smoothly. For mailing address, visit

To see how your college coursework should transfer into UNCW and possibly meet some of your requirements, visit the Transfer Credit Equivalency chart here. The Registrar's Office will do the official evaluation for equivalencies once your transcript is received, but this can help you in choosing coursework to meet University Studies or your major.