Student Accounts & Cashier's Office

Other Billed Charges to my Account

The student bill includes a number of different charges, not just tuition, so it’s important to understand what all charges mean. In addition to tuition and fees, the Office of the Student Accounts and University Cashier bills charges on behalf of a variety of other University departments. If you have a question about any of these charges, we recommend contacting the appropriate office directly, see below for more information.

Housing Charges

Contact the Housing Office directly with questions about the following charges on the account:

  • Housing cost
  • Cancellation Penalty
  • Damages/Cleaning
  • Lost Key
  • Late/Missing Enhancements

Library Fines

Contact Randall Library about the fines on the student account.

Meal Plans & Food Dollars

Contact the Campus Dining Office about the following fees on the student account:

  • Meal Plan
  • Add-on Food Dollars or Teal Meals
  • Meal Plan Change

Mailbox Charges

Contact Seahawk Mail with questions about campus mailbox charges on the account.

Resident/Non-Resident Charges

Under state law, North Carolina residents are eligible for a lower tuition rate to state universities, including the UNCW.

If you believe that you qualify as a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes, you may apply for in-state resident status by following the instructions provided by your admissions office. Continuing students who believe they may now qualify as a resident for tuition purposes may apply through the North Carolina Residency Determination Service (RDS).

Need more information? Check out our Am I a NC Resident page.

Student Health Insurance Charges

All students enrolled in the UNC system colleges and universities, including UNCW, are required to have health insurance coverage. The UNC System endorses a cost-effective Student Health Insurance Plan to cover most health care expenses not covered by the Campus Health Fee.

A completed, verified and accepted WAIVER is required each semester if you do not wish to participate in the UNC System-Wide Student Health Insurance Plan.

To waive or enroll visit the Blue Cross Blue Shield Student Blue website for UNCW.

For more information:

Study Abroad Charges

Contact the Study Abroad Office directly with questions about study abroad charges on the account.

Textbooks, Bookstore Dollars and Barnes & Noble First Day Program

Contact One Card Office about the textbook charges, Bookstore Dollars a B&N First Day Program on the student account.