Campus Reservation System Frequently Asked Questions

Campus Life's FAQs

Q: Will I need an account to use the room reservation system on the Web? You may browse the room reservation system for events and facilities without a Web account. You must have a CRS web account to submit a reservation request and tentatively hold your needed space.

  • If you are a representative of a UNCW university department or a member of a registered student organization, you may request a CRS web account by clicking "Welcome Guest" and click on "Sign In" in the top right corner, and then submit requested information.
  • Non-university groups may contact Conference Services at 910.962.3546 or to reserve space.

Q: If my student organization is not registered can I request an account and reserve facilities? No. If your student organization registration has lapsed, or is not in good standing, members of the organization will not be able to request facilities.

Q: Do I have to create a new account each time I want to request facilities? No. Once your account is activated you will not have to create another one. Simply log in using your UNCW email address (without the and then the password you use for email.

Room Requests

Q: If I want to request a room and it does not come up as a selection on the online Campus Reservation System (for example, Kenan Auditorium), how do I reserve the space? Use the "Reserving Offices" link on the left hand menu and call or email the appropriate office.

Q: How do I make an online request?

  • Go to "Welcome Guest" and click on "Sign In" in the top right corner.
  • After logging in, choose “book now” next to the appropriate reservation template you would like to request.
  • Follow the prompts provided on the request page to check space availability.
  • If the facility is available during the time period you would like, fill in the remaining information and be sure to click on "Create Reservation." Your request will then be sent to the appropriate reserving office for confirmation.

Q: Should I submit individual requests for a series or recurring dates? You may make requests for series reservations or recurring dates by clicking on "Recurrence" on the "Date & Time" portion of the request. You may select daily, weekly, monthly or random recurrence patterns.

Q: How far into the future may I request facilities? UNCW has a date specific priority system for making reservations that was developed so that facility use is congruent with the university's mission. The specifics of the policy can be found in the Facilities Use Policy (PDF).

Q: How will I know when my online request for a facility has been approved? You will receive an email confirmation. If you have not received a confirmation/contract within 3 business days, or if you have questions about reserving space, contact the appropriate reserving office.

Q: I need to make a change to an existing reservation. How do I do this? Changes, additions and cancellations should be made within the Campus Reservation System. To do so, please log in to your account and, under the “My Events” tab on the menu, select the reservation to proceed with any reservation edits. Should you change the date or time of an existing reservation, the status will become Web Request until it has been processed. It is important not to wait until the last minute to make changes so that your needs can be accommodated.

Q: I need to cancel an existing reservation. How do I do this? Cancellations should be made within the Campus Reservation System. To do so, please log in to your account and, under the “My Events” tab on the menu, select the reservation you wish to cancel. Select “Cancel Reservation” on the right hand side of the screen under Reservation Tasks. Cancellation policies vary according to the facility reserved.

Equipment and Service Needs

Q: Who do I contact if I would like to have food at my event? All food service must be provided by the university contracted food service provider. No outside food is allowed to be brought into university facilities. When you reserve a space, make sure you indicate that you will be serving food. As soon as you have a confirmed space reservation, call Campus Catering at 910-962-3600 to make your food service arrangements.

Q: May I serve alcohol at my event? Alcohol is permitted in designated facilities on campus and arrangements must be coordinated through Campus Catering, 910-962-3600. You must submit a UNCW Alcohol Beverage Permit at least 14 days prior to your event.

Q: Who do I contact for audio visual equipment? Some facilities on campus have an inventory of audio visual equipment (i.e., Campus Life facilities) that you may request at the time you make your reservation. If the facility you reserved is not able to provide the audio visual equipment you require, you may contact Audio Visual Media Services to make an equipment request.

Q: I am concerned about having enough parking spaces for my event. What should I do? The event manager that you work with in planning your event will give you instructions for parking. Events that attract a large number of visitors to campus may require special arrangements for parking. The reserving office may require the event manager or the customer to contact the Parking and Transportation Office, 910-962-3178,

Q: Do I need to notify University Police if I am having a large event on campus? Depending on the nature of the event, the reserving office may require the event manager or the customer to contact University Police (910-962-2222) and/or Environmental Health and Safety (910-962-3057).

Q: Will all facilities have all the tables, chairs, podiums, etc to meet my set-up needs? You may find that the facility you have reserved does not have the needed tables, chairs, podiums or stages that the event requires. Arrangements can be made with Moving Services to have these items delivered by contacting the following people:

  • Tables, Chairs, Podiums: Academic Affairs Facility Use Manager, 910-962-3011,
  • Stages: Campus Life Events & Reservations, 910-962-4150,