Office of the Registrar

Transfer Credit

Students transferring to University of North Carolina Wilmington may receive up to 90 semester hours of academic credit from all institutions attended; however, no more than 64 semester hours can be transferred from two-year institutions. All exam and military credit will be counted toward the total.

Credit earned at another regionally accredited institution with a grade of "C" (2.00) or better is accepted by the university if the work transferred is comparable to offerings of the University of North Carolina Wilmington. Transfer students must meet the university’s residency requirement. Hours attempted and grade points earned at other institutions are not used in computing grade point averages except in the case of students applying to enter the nursing program and seniors graduating with honors and/or distinction. 

Official transcripts of courses completed elsewhere should be sent to the Office of the Registrar if the student is:

  • A newly admitted transfer student or a freshman with transfer coursework who has indicated their intent to enroll by paying their enrollment deposit. (The exception to this is military transcripts. All military transcripts should be sent to the Office of Admissions.) Newly admitted transfer students who have not paid their enrollment deposit should send their transcripts to the Office of Admissions
  • A current UNCW student sending an updated transcript or prior coursework done elsewhere.
  • A current UNCW student who has completed coursework done elsewhere since entering UNCW (see Transient Study instructions).

Official PDF transcripts may be sent to: 

Official paper transcripts may be mailed to:

Office of the Registrar 
UNC Wilmington
601 S. College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5618