Office of the Registrar

Current Students (Non-Degree Seeking)

The Office of the Registrar supports the University of North Carolina Wilmington's mission in many ways. Our office provides academic support services, including student services and academic records management, degree and diploma processing, and student academic information systems management. We also provide information about registration, academic records, residence status, and degrees, while protecting your privacy and the integrity of your records.

Requesting a Transcript

Non-Degree Seeking Student Definitions

As a non-degree seeking student, regardless of your classification, the courses you take will factor into your overall UNCW GPA. Additionally, if you decide to seek a future degree with UNCW, the coursework will be factored into the calculation of Latin honor distinction.

Special Undergrad (Non-Degree): students who have earned a bachelor's degree already and are now taking additional undergrad classes (often in preparation for graduate studies).

Summer Visiting: students who are currently pursuing a degree elsewhere but are with UNCW for the summer semester.

Permission: students who are currently pursuing a degree elsewhere but are with UNCW for a fall or spring semester (so, specifically not summer school).

Unclassified: students who are allowed to take courses to prove their suitability for admission if they do not meet the typical admission requirements of the university.

High School: students who are completing courses at UNCW while still working on their high school degrees.

For further questions or concerns, contact