Office of the Registrar

Special & Permission (Non-Degree) Undergraduate Students

Orientation & Advising

Non-Degree seeking students do not need to attend orientation; however, if your admission status changes to degree-seeking, you will be required to attend the next available orientation. Additionally, you will not have an academic advisor assigned.

It is suggested you provide an unofficial copy of your current transcript to the Office of the Registrar, in the event our course requires a prerequisite course taken at your current college or university.

If you have questions regarding pre-requisites and/or the registration process at UNCW, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (910) 962-7978 or

Financial Aid

Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to receive financial aid. The only exception is if the student is taking classes toward admission to a UNCW graduate program, in which case the student may be eligible to receive up to one year of aid. To learn more, please contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.

Immunization records are required of all students regardless if you are degree or non-degree seeking prior to registering for classes. For more information please visit the Student Health Services website.

Course Registration

  • Log in to
  • In your mySeaPort account, view your registration time ticket. Please note that time tickets will be assigned the day after the end of the withdraw passing time period.

*If you have trouble logging in or using the tools in mySeaPort, contact the Technology Assistance Center (TAC) at or 910-962-4357.

  • Should the courses you wish to take have pre-requisite requirements, please contact the Non-Degree Liaison in the Office of the Registrar, 910-962-7978 or with the subject "Non-Degree Liaison" to provide the necessary information to proceed with enrollment.
  • For additional information, please visit the Office of the Registrar's website, and select Registration Info from the column on the left hand side of the web page and then select Non-Degree Undergraduates.

If you do not plan on attending UNCW and wish to withdraw your acceptance, please complete the online withdrawal form,

Requesting a Transcript