Office of the Registrar


What will be printed on my Diploma?

Diplomas show the official name of the degree awarded. See the Undergraduate Catalog for authorized baccalaureate degrees and Graduate Catalog for authorized graduate-level degrees. The name printed on your diploma will be the name you provided on your graduation application. If you would like to change the name printed on your diploma, send the Graduation Specialist an email from your UNCW email account at Please be sure to include your student ID number and the correct spelling of your full name you would like printed.

Undergraduate diplomas will list the following: 

  • Students name (provided by student from the graduation application)
  • Degree
  • Major
  • Distinction
  • Honors 

Concentrations and minors are not printed on undergraduate diplomas.

Graduate level diplomas will list the following:

  • Students Name (provided by student from graduation application)
  • Degree

Majors and concentrations are not printed on graduate level diplomas.

What are the dimensions of my diploma?

The diploma is 11” x 14”

How long will it take to receive my diploma?

Diplomas are ordered about 6-8 weeks after the date of graduation. Diplomas will be mailed directly from the vendor to the diploma mailing address listed on your graduation application. Diplomas are shipped through the United States Postal Service. Therefore, it is important you provide a mailing address that reflects where you will be living two months after graduation rather than where you are currently living.

How do I change the address I provided on my graduation application?

Your Diploma will be mailed to the address you provided on your graduation application. If this address has changed, you must notify to get your address updated. Updating your address in SeaNet will not change your diploma mailing address.

Received a Damaged Diploma?

If you received your diploma damaged, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (910) 962-3125 or email

I Graduated and have not received my diploma.

Diplomas cannot be released if the student has a hold or an unpaid account with the University. Graduating students should review their accounts to ensure that their accounts are clear and/or contact the Student Accounts Office. You can check for holds on SeaNet.

Student Accounts Office:
Warwick Center, Room 146
Phone: 910-962-4281
Fax: 910-962-7402

After your account has been settled, students should send an email notifying the graduation specialist at so your diploma can be ordered.

Replacement Diplomas

To request a replacement diploma mail the Replacement Diploma Request Form with a check for $50.00 to:

 University of North Carolina Wilmington
Office of the Registrar
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403


email with your completed form and submit payment to our online marketplace.


Replacement Diploma Request Form


  ** Diplomas will not be sent if there is a hold on your UNCW account. **                                                                                                                 

** Starting Fall 2018 replacement diplomas will only print signatures of current leadership positions (Chairman Board of Governors University of North Carolina, Chairman Board of Trustees, President University of North Carolina and University Chancellor)**


Note* If you need notary services, please note the request on the Replacement Diploma Request Form.

For more information about notary, apostille, and true-copy authentication documents, please visit the following websites: