Office of the Registrar

Online Grade Changes

Faculty are now able to submit grade changes through Seanet.

Submitting a Grade Change Request on Seanet

  1. Once logged into SeaNet, click on "Faculty Services".
    Faculty Services
  2. Click the link for "Grade Change".
  3. You will be prompted to select a term, part of term, and CRN of the section.
    Select Term
    Select Part of Term
    Select CRN
  4. You will be presented with a list of students in the section. Please note that students with incomplete ('I') grades are excluded from this list. See our instructions to convert an incomplete to the final grade. You can also assign an incomplete in place of a final grade. Click on the ID of the student you would like to change the grade.
    Select Student
  5. Select the new final grade from the drop-down list and choose a grade change reason. You may also enter optional text. Please note that this text remains a part of the student's academic record. When satisfied, click Submit.
    Grade Change Form
  6. The request will be forwarded to your department chair for approval. If approved, it will be forwarded to the academic dean for approval. If the dean approves, the grade will automatically be updated to the new final grade.

Dept Chairs/Deans - Approving a Grade Change

  1. When you receive a request to approve or deny a grade change, login to SeaNet.
  2. Click on the Faculty Services tab at the top of the page.
    Faculty Services
  3. Go to the "Approve Grading Activity" link.
  4. Click on the ID of the student you would like to approve or deny.
    Pending Grade Changes
  5. Select either "Approve" or "Deny" from the drop-down box. You may also enter additional comments. Please note that these comments remain a part of the student's academic record. Click Submit when finished.