Skip to header Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Current Visiting International Students

Important Details

Visiting International students can review document of the J-1 Immigration Responsibilities.

If you are a student/scholar in J-status or J-2 dependent, you must obtain a travel signature if you are traveling internationally during your active program.

Important Travel Instructions for International Students

To obtain a travel signature, you should visit the Office of International Programs before you leave the US and bring your DS-2019 form to be signed.

If you leave the United States with a visa document (DS-2019) that does not have the travel authorization (or has an expired travel signature-- more than 12 months old at the time of your reentry to the United States), the immigration officials have the discretion to readmit you for up to 30 days. You will be given the Form & and an card that has a 30-day admission period. It is very important that you report to your Responsible Officer (Amy Lekeu) immediately. You will be given instructions about the I-515A from your Responsible Officer.

J-1 students have specific regulations that they must follow in order to work in the United States. The links below provide steps that must be completed before J-1 students can work in the USA.

Choose the type of employment that you are interested in pursuing:

On-Campus Employment

Off-Campus Employment (Academic Training)