Skip to header Skip to Content Skip to Footer


Frequently Asked Questions

The State of North Carolina has mandated that all employees have their paychecks direct deposited to a checking or savings account.

You must provide the Payroll Department the completed direct deposit form and a voided check from your account or documentation from your bank verifying the correct routing number and account number. Your direct deposit will take effect with our receipt of your bank information.

If you did not& submit a direct deposit form as part of the onboarding process, your first paycheck at UNCW will be a paper check. You will pick it up in the Cashier's Office (Warwick Center) on payday. Please bring a picture ID with you.

If you are a student or temporary staff employee, you are paid on the 15th of the month. If the 15th falls on a holiday or weekend, payday is the Friday before.

If you are a permanent faculty or staff, temporary faculty or flat pay graduate student, you are paid on the last working day of the month.

Direct deposit notifications are emailed to your "" email address.

If you are a temporary employee without a "" email address, your notification will be mailed to the primary address on file.

We cannot resend the direct deposit notification. You can view all of your paycheck information on UNCW's self-service portal:

  • SeaNet for students
  • mySeaPort for faculty and staff

The Federal W-4 and the NC-4 Forms can be changed by logging into mySeaport then click on SeaNet. Tax Forms are located on the Employee tab. Click on the appropriate form to submit an update.

If you are a permanent employee, part-time faculty, or temporary employee, email

If you are an undergraduate student, contact the Registrar's Office in James Hall. Their main number is (910) 962-3125.

If you are a graduate student, contact the Graduate School in James Hall. Their main number is (910) 962-7303.

It is very important that you keep your address up to date!

You must inform the Payroll Department immediately.

Depending on your pay date and when you inform us of the account closure, we may or may not be able to stop the direct deposit. If the direct deposit has already been sent, we will issue a replacement check when the bank has returned the funds to us.

You should also contact your bank. If you have opened a new account with them, they may automatically deposit your funds to your new account.

Any benefit changes must be handled through your benefits counselor in human resources. They will send the Payroll Department the paperwork to make any necessary changes to your payroll deductions.

If you have general questions about benefits and deductions currently being withheld, the Payroll Department can help you.

International employees who are not citizens of the United States, also referred to as non-resident aliens (NRAs), must make an appointment to meet with Lisa Eakins PRIOR TO BEGINNING WORK for UNCW.

NRAs are taxed based on the tax treaty the United States has with their country and specific information and forms are required.

You will need to bring with you, your passport, visa, I-94, Social Security Card (or letter from the Social Security Administration with your Social Security number listed), DS-2019 or I-20, completed direct deposit form with voided check, local address, foreign address, phone number and email address.

By default, your W-2 will be mailed to the primary address we have on file. Please keep your address current.

All active employees can consent to receive their W-2 statements online. Log into mySeaport then click on SeaNet. Tax Forms are located on the Employee tab. If you consented last year to the online option, you do not need to consent again.