Financial Aid

Athletic Aid Banner

Student athletes at UNCW may receive scholarship dollars through the Athletic Department for their team sport (Grant-in-Aid) or from a donor to the Athletic Scholarship funds.

In order to receive an Athletic Grant-In-Aid, students must sign the Grant-In-Aid form and return it prior to the deadline for their sport. Students receiving a full grant-in-aid may see adjustments to the amount of their grant-in-aid if they change resident halls or meal plans.

If a student athlete is filing for need based aid, they need complete their FAFSA early in order to be considered for need based grant funding.

Students who withdraw from the university should do so officially. Adjustments to aid may have to be made.

If a student's grant-in-aid is not renewed from one year to the next the student will be notified in writing indicating the reason for the cancellation. If a student chooses to file an appeal they may do so within 14 days of the mailing date of the letter or e-mail. Learn more about the appeal process.