Skip to header Skip to Content Skip to Footer

MSA Program Details

Frequently Asked Questions

No. Ideally it is best to follow the prescribed program of study; however you can enroll during any semester and select any courses that are available during the semester.

The course load is flexible and is based on your enrollment status (full-time vs. part-time). View the program course of study for the full-time vs. part-time option

Our program is completely online. Each course is based on the course requirements and the instructor. Courses can be in either synchronous (logged on at the same time), asynchronous (you log on at any time); or a blend of both.

You must have access to the Internet with a computer that is capable of downloading documents, video, and audio clips. Some courses may have other requirements but this will be provided to you at the onset of the course in the syllabus.

All students must complete the Hallmarks regardless of whether you are a Master's degree level student or just seeking licensure in school administration. All students must complete the Hallmarks for the e-portfolios. Students in the Master's program will complete the Hallmarks in the courses.

Yes. These are three different internships and taken at different times. MSA students and add-on licensure students must complete

ALL three internships. EDL 569 is only offered in the summer (at an "other" level elem, mid, or high-- from where the student will take 570 & 571); EDL 570 is only offered in the fall and EDL 571 in the spring.

The typical order is starting with EDL 569 in the summer, followed by the fall (EDL 570) and spring (EDL 571) internships (though exceptions can be made in terms of order).

The EDL 569, 570 & 571 courses allow for quality internship experiences, including at an other level (EDL 569).

EDL 569 is completed at a different grade level and at a school other than yours. EDL 570 and EDL 571 are completed at your home school so you can complete the majority of your internship where you work.

See information about deadlines and other items at the Graduate School.

The MSA degree can be completed in two years, but there are a number of variables that impact program completion. Your advisor will work with you to develop a plan that best meets your timeline.

Tuition and fees are established by UNCW at the end of each academic year for the following year. Please see the student accounts pages for the most current information.

Please contact the UNCW Financial Aid Office. Make sure you identify funds that support graduate studies.

Yes, you can transfer in up to six graduate credits. To apply for transfer credit, please fill out the transfer credit form and send to the program coordinator for approval.