- Distribute electronic reminder handouts to attend SI sessions throughout the
- Offer sample tests in SI sessions with questions developed with the
instructor. The instructor could make these available in class with the comment
that they will only be discussed during SI.
- Post anonymous quotations from students on how SI has helped or is helping.
Include some of these with the SI handout on the first day of class.
- Write the daily SI times and locations on the board during each
- Allow for discussions between the class and the SI Coordinator when SI
attendance is low.
- Offer regular reminders from SI leaders in class on attending SI.
- Offer something specific in SI sessions – a study skill, rules for problem
solving, jeopardy, text review, etc.
- Change SI times to accommodate the greatest number of students. Resurvey
the class if necessary.
- Offer “how to” electronic handouts on the most efficient/effective study
- Tell student lab instructors about SI and ask for their support.
- Place an advertisement or announcement in the campus course booklet that
identifies all courses to which SI will be attached. Again remember to include
a short description of SI.
Planning and Conducting an SI Session