Open Lab Hours:
|Mon - Thurs||9am - 9pm|
|Friday||9am - 2pm|
|Sunday||2pm - 9pm|
Also see ULC Office Hours and Location
- Be here when your shift starts!
- Scheduling preferences are taken into consideration, but coverage is the priority. For this reason, flexibility about your schedule is appreciated.
- All tutors are responsible for working their assigned hours.
- In the case of an illness or other emergency, it is your responsibility to find coverage prior to the beginning of your shift. Call the front desk immediately and inform them of any changes in shift, even if you are just going to be late!
- Advance requests for time off must be approved one week in advance. Submit written requests to Stefanie Anderson, University Learning Center Office Administrator. In these cases, it is still your responsibility to find coverage for your shifts.
- Always notify Stefanie Anderson in advance of any shift changes!
Math Tutor Confirmation Slip:
In addition to tracking which students utilize the Math Lab, we offer students the option of having their professor notified of their visit. We need your help gathering the necessary information in order to do this:
- In the Lab you will see small, gold pads of Math Tutor Confirmation slips.
- Each time you work with a student, you need to ask the student to fill out one of these slips if the student wants his instructor to know he utilized the Math Lab. Many professors appreciate know which students have taken the initiative to get extra help.
- After the student fills out a slip, you need to fill out your portion (tutor name, time spent with student, etc.). Make sure your name is legible!
- At the end of you shift, you need to drop these off in the consultation box at the front desk.
- Lab Computers are for official ULC use only. Do not download anything on the computer; do not let students download anything on the computers.
- When the Lab is slow, it is fine to work on your own work, work on the computers, or talk with other tutors. However, do not become so involved in other things that you ignore students! Greet every student when they come in and check on them frequently to see if they need help.
All other ULC Policies apply to Math Tutors!