"Learning Communities Transform Student Peer Mentors into Leaders at Iowa State" - Iowa State University News Service
Contact Amy Hathcock, Program Coordinator, at (910) 962-7742 or email email@example.com.
ExCEL is located in University College, DePaolo Hall Room 1092. Program questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be an ExCEL Peer Leader
An ExCEL Peer Leader is a successful UNCW student who assists first-year students in a smooth transition to college life and the UNCW community.
Peer Leader Deadlines
- Early deadline: February 23, 2014 by midnight
- Final deadline: February 27, 2014 by midnight
- Interviews will be conducted: February 26, 27, 28, 2014
- Decisions will be made by: March 21
- Training Sessions: Thursday, April 24 from 3:30-5:30 PM, Saturday, April 26 from 8:00-5:00 PM (tentative), Sunday, April 27 from 8:00-5:00 PM (tentative), and August 5 from 8:00-5:00 PM (tentative)
- Must achieve and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.7 (3.0 preferred)
- Enroll in no more than 16 hours for the fall semester
- Must have participated in the ExCEL or Global Perspectives Learning Community
- Must be in good disciplinary standing with the university
- Must be available at least 7 hours a week to attend the First-Year Seminar course, peer leader meetings, and other various out-of-class activitiesMust have an open mind, with a commitment to learning, understanding differences, and making a positive impact in the community
- Must be available for both training dates (see above)