"Learning Communities Transform Student Peer Mentors into Leaders at Iowa State" - Iowa State University News Service
Contact Amy Hathcock, Program Coordinator, at (910) 962-7742 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ExCEL is located in University College, DePaolo Hall Room 1092. Program questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
Be an ExCEL Peer Leader
An ExCEL Peer Leader is a successful UNCW student who assists first-year students in a smooth transition to college life and the UNCW community. See below for important dates, and fill out the online application to be a Peer Leader today!
Peer Leader Deadlines
- Applications are due: Wednesday, March 13, 2013
- Interviews will be conducted: Monday, April 1 - Friday, April 5, 2013
- Decisions will be made by: Friday, April 12, 2013
- Training Sessions: Saturday, April 20, 2013 and Friday, August 16, 2013
- Must achieve and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 (3.0 preferred)
- Must have participated in the ExCEL or Global Perspectives Learning Community
- Must be in good disciplinary standing with the university
- Must have an open mind, with a commitment to learning, understanding differences, and making a positive impact in the community
- Must be available at least 7 hours a week to attend the First-Year Seminar course, peer leader meetings, and other various out-of-class activities
- Must be available for both training dates:
- Saturday, April 20, 2013
- Friday, August 16, 2013