contact your advisor
University College is located in DePaolo Hall, room 1092. Call us at (910) 962-3245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Declaring a Minor
A minor is an approved course of study designed to provide students with an overview of the essential knowledge and methods of a subject and with a sample of its depth. A minor will range from 18 - 24 credit hours.
There are many reasons you could declare a minor:
- Adding depth to your studies. You can choose a minor related to your major. This can complement your major in a similar discipline.
- Adding breadth to your studies. You can choose a minor that is in combination with your major, which will give you a deeper insight into an area you would like to explore in the future - whether it be your career or a professional school.
- Building a passion or a talent. You can choose a minor which may or may not be related to your major, but you have a personal interest in the subject matter.
When Should I Declare a Minor?
If you choose to declare a minor, you must do so before you graduate from UNCW. You will need to work with the minor department to ask specific questions about course requirements.
Note: You are not required to declare a minor for graduation at UNCW.
Declare Your Minor Online
- Consult with your advisor.
- Log onto MySeaport and click on the Academics Tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the "Major Declaration/Curricular Updates" link.
- Read and follow instructions to declare a minor.