image 475x230

Other Transportation

Bus, Train and Subway

The University only reimburses for Bus, Train and Subway expenses. These are not allowable prepaid expenses. In order to get reimbursed for any of these expenses a paid receipt must be submitted. When claiming the above expenses they should be recorded on the paper travel authorization and paper travel reimbursement form. On the reimbursement form the above expenses should be under the column titled Transportation and the row that is titled Other. Any expenses besides to/from the airport by bus, train or subway requires a written explanation of the business purpose to be attached to the reimbursement request.

Parking and Tolls

Parking and Toll expenses are reimburseable expenses only. These expenses are reimbursable when incurred while traveling on official state business only. A receipt is required for parking and tolls. To enter the parking and toll expense on the paper travel reimbursement form list it under Transportation and the row titled Other.

To and From the Airport

When a non-employee is traveling to and from the airport they have 3 options for reimbursement.

  • Actual cost of a taxi or airport shuttle
  • A private car can be used which will be reimbursed at the standard business mileage rate set by the IRS for a maximun of two round trips with no parking charges.
  • A private car can be used which will be reimbursed at the standard business mileage rate set by the IRS for a maximun of one round trip plus parking charges.

A receipt is required for reimbursement for the taxi/shuttle and parking at the airport. These expenses should be entered onto the paper travel authorization form after the trip is over under the column Transportation and the type of expense that is being claimed.



Fuel expenses are reimbursable expenses only. The only way the university reimburses for gas is when the traveler is driving a rental car. The gas receipt is required and must show the price per gallon and the number of gallons purchased. This expenses should be entered on the paper travel reimbursement form under the column transportation and the row called Other.

For Additional Information about other transportation

Documentation Standards

This guide will assist you on the correct documentation that is required for all expenses.

Step-By-Step Guide to E-Travel

This guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions how to use E-Travel and how to enter all expenses.