- June 20th deadline for all travel to be submitted to the Travel Office to be paid out of current year.
- June 20th deadline for Agency Airfare to be purchase from this years budget.
- June 20th last day to use Visa Travel Card for transactions to post to this years budget.
- Deadline for travel check run is Friday at 10:45 a.m. for a check/direct deposit the following Friday.
|Upcoming Travel Classes|
Travel Card Admin
- E-Travel Step By Step Guide
- Documentation Standards
- Airline Baggage Fee Chart
- Mileage Calculator
- Maupin Online Booking Tool
- Tips for Trips
- Basic Spending Guidelines
- Travel Manual
- Step-by-Step Guide for Travel Card
- FAQ for E-Travel
Travel Deadlines for Year-End
- All travel reimbursement request to be paid in current Fiscal Year should be received for payment by 5:00pm Thursday, June 20.
- Agency Airfare being purchased from UNCW Travel agencies must be entered and approved online by 5:00pm Thursday, June 20.
- All Visa Travel Card transaction charged and posted by 5:00pm Thursday, June 20 will be paid from this years budget.
Increase In Mileage Rate
Per the directive from the Office of State Budget and Management, the business standard mileage rate has increased from 55.5 cents per mile to 56.5 cents per mile effective January 1, 2013. Faculty and staff who choose to use personal vehicles when a state-owned vehicle is available will still be reimbursed at 30 cents per mile. If you have any specific questions regarding these changes, please contact the Travel Office Manager, Laura Gore, at ext. 27504.
Register Now for Travel Cardholder and Travel Card Admin Training!
To learn about your responsibilities as a Travel Card Admin, you can sign up for one of the Travel Card Admin classes offered by the Travel Office. Or, if you are a Travel Cardholder, you can sign up for a class on how to use the Travel Card and what it can be used to purchase.
Classes for Travel Card Admin Training are offered:
|May 29||9:30 - 11:30|
|June 12||10 - 12|
|July 2||8 - 10|
Classes for Travel Cardholder training are offered:
|May 22||11:30 - 12:30|
|June 4||8 - 9|
|June 19||10 - 11|
|July 9||9 - 10|
To sign up for one of the classes listed above, contact Laura Gore in the Travel Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (910) 962-7504.
Sign up for the NEW Travel Card Now!
Want an easier way to make purchases?
Need a card that will be widely accepted?
With the new UNCW VISA Travel card that is now available, you can have both!
The UNCW VISA Travel Card will allow you to put lodging, airfare, registration, and rental car expenses on it to prevent you from having to pay out-of-pocket!
- Go to the UNCW website and log into U-Business.
- Click e-travel
- Under the middle tab that says Travel Card, click Request New Card
- Once you fill out the application, your request will be approved and your card application will be processed by the Travel Office!
Student Travel Reimbursement Revised
As a result of the Office of State Budget Manual revisions, student travel expenses will need to be reimbursed on the following basis:
Student employees at state institutions who travel on official state business are reimbursed at the same extent as are state employees. For example if a travel is reimbursed for a grant funded position, the reimbursement must be paid from grant funds. All other student related travel must be paid from non-state funds supporting that particular organization or activity.
Student travel for academically required projects, papers, conferences, theses, or dissertations is not considered official state business. If the student is traveling for the purpose of presenting at a conference or meeting and is officially representing the university during the travel, the university may choose to reimburse the student’s travel and subsistence costs from institutional trust funds only. Approval for use of trust funds must be signed by the student’s department head and by the appropriate budget authority.
Travel Rate Change Effective July 1, 2011
Per the Office of State Budget and Management maximum reimbursable subsistence payments for state employees’ in-state and out-of-state travel have been revised effective July 1, 2011.
The following list details the new rates of subsistence per day for travel related expenses.
|In State||Out Of State|
Per the directive from the Office of State Budget and Management, the business standard mileage rate has increased from 51 cents per mile to 55.5 cents per mile effective July 1, 2011. Faculty and staff who choose to use personal vehicles when a state-owned vehicle is available will still be reimbursed at 30 cents per mile as of May 1, 2010.The standard mileage rate set by the IRS, 55.5 cents, will now be paid if the roundtrip distance does not exceed 100 miles.