Incoming Freshman Orientation Registration
Check your dates! Your Orientation session can be changed only if space is available in another session. You will be responsible for any increase in fees at the time the change is made.
Online Reservation System Directions
Web reservations are the most expedient way to make your reservation. Do not use a phone or tablet. Online reservations are processed immediately and you receive confirmation at the time you make the reservation. Online reservations require a payment with MasterCard or Visa at the time you make your reservation.
To register on-line:
- Log into mySeaport.
- Login with your UNCW credentials (if you do not know this information, contact the Technology Assistance Center at 910.962.4357)
- Click on the Teal Ticket tab.
- Click on the "Register for Your Required Orientation"
- Follow the instructions to select your Orientation date and make your on-line payment.
- If a session is full, you will not be able to select it.
Please note - an Orientation date can be changed only if the session that you want to move into is open. If there is a price increase because of the change, payment is required before the change can be made. If a desired session is full, sign back in to the VisualZen Orientation system and check regularly before the deadline to check availability.
UNCW employees should check with Human Resources about special benefits for faculty, staff and their dependents prior to submitting an Orientation reservation for yourself or your child. Click here to follow the process to complete an Undergraduate Orientation Fee Waiver. No refund will be given if we do not receive your form before your reservation is made.
Early Registration for Classes
Do you want to be able to sign up for classes before Orientation? If so, please sign up for Orientation by May 2017 and you will have the opportunity to complete early registration. University College can provide additional information on early registration.
Freshman/Family Orientation Deadlines
June Sessions: May 21, 2017
August Session: July 30, 2017
Transfer/Family Orientation Deadlines
May Sessions: May 1, 2017
June Sessions: May 28, 2017
August 9 Session: July 23, 2017
August 10 Session: July 30, 2017
Requests for refunds must be received in writing by the Transition Programs Office by 5 p.m. on the deadline below. No refunds will be granted after the deadline.
Refund Request Deadlines:
- May Transfer Sessions: May 2, 2017
- June Freshman and Transfer Sessions: May 28, 2017
- August Freshman and Transfer Sessions: July 30, 2017
Refund checks are in the student's name and will be mailed within 5-6 weeks of receipt.
Please include the following information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Student's name and identification number (850#)
- What your refund is for (i.e. cancel family member Orientation reservation)
- Address to send the refund (please note the refund check will be made out to the student)