Ready to apply? Click here for the 2014 Orientation Leader Application.
The goal of a Transfer Orientation Leader is to convey important information about UNCW and assist new transfer students and their families with the transition from their previous learning institution to UNCW. The members of the T-Team (Transfer Orientation Leaders) ensure that the Orientation Program is beneficial, exciting, and educational in its content and presentation.
- Must have a willingness to reach out to new students
- Must return in fall 2014
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA and be in good disciplinary standing
- Must have a open mind and a positive attitude and be able to work with a
diverse group of people
- Must be dedicated to the T-Team
- Must be a role model
- Must be a transfer student
- Participating in all Orientation events and training sessions.
- Facilitating the adjustment of new students and their parents to our campus and community.
- Explaining academic opportunities and procedures.
- Acquainting new students with the campus services and building locations.
- Preparing Orientation materials (stuffing envelopes, making name tags, etc.)
- Aiding in the development of class schedules.
- Responding to questions, concerns, and sensitive issues of students and parents.
Training is Wednesday, April 23 and April 30 from 5-7pm; Sunday, April 27 from 1:30-3pm; and Tuesday, May 13 from 9am-5pm.
You are required to work all transfer Orientations. The dates are Mary 14 & 15; June 18; and August 13, 2014. We start at 7am am and end at 5pm.
There are many benefits for students who pursue an Orientation Leader position. Most importantly, Transfer OLs gain significant leadership experiences, develop personal relationships with faculty, staff, and students, and acquire effective communication skills. Additional remunerations are $300, meals during the Orientation sessions, and an OL polo.
- Completed applications should be submitted via email to Andrea Dorow at email@example.com by 5pm on April 9, 2014.
- Applicants must attend an individual interview. Interviews will occur between April 7-14.
- Applicants will be notified of selection by campus email by April 15.
For additional information come by Transition Programs in Fisher University Union 2017 or call Transition Programs at