The goal of an Orientation Leader is to convey important information about UNCW and assist new students and their families with the transition from into UNCW. Orientation Leaders ensure that the Orientation Program is beneficial, exciting, and educational in its content and presentation.
- Must have a willingness to reach out to new students
- Must return full time in fall 2013
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA and be in good disciplinary standing
- Must have a open mind and a positive attitude
- Must be dedicated to the T-Team
- Must be a role model
- Must be able to work with a diverse group of people
- You are required to work all Transfer Orientations
- May 15 & 16
- June 5 & 6
- August 14
- We start all Orientations at 7am and end at 5pm
- Participating in all Orientation events and training sessions
- Facilitating the adjustment of new students and their parents to our campus and community
- Explaining academic opportunities and procedures
- Acquainting new students with the campus services and building locations
- Preparing orientation materials (stuffing packets, making name tags, etc.)
- Aiding in the development of class schedules
- Responding to questions, concerns, and sensitive issues of students and parents
- Must attend ALL training sessions!
- Mandatory training dates are Friday April 12th 5-7pm, Saturday April 14th 10am-5pm, and Tuesday May 14th from 9am - 5pm
There are many benefits for students who pursue an Orientation Leader position. Most importantly, OL’s gain significant leadership experiences, develop professional relationships with faculty, staff, and students, and acquire effective communication skills. Additional remunerations are $350, meals during the Orientation sessions and an OL polo shirt.
Khaki pants or shorts must be purchased by the OL.
Applications are due by 5pm on April 1, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must attend an individual interview. Interviews will occur between April 2nd and 9th
An email will be sent to you. Applicants will be notified of selection by campus e-mail by April 10th.
For additional information come by Transition Programs in Fisher University Union 2017 or call Transition Programs at
Preference is given to transfer students.