Incoming Freshman Orientation
All incoming students must attend Orientation prior to taking classes.
Freshman/Family Orientation Dates
Summer & Fall 2014:
Session 1 - June 2 & 3 (full)
Session 2 - June 4 & 5 (full)
Session 3 - June 9 & 10 (full)
Session 4 - June 11 & 12 (full)
Session 5 - June 16 & 17 (full) *
Session 6 - August 17 & 18 (Parents attend August 17 only) *
*Spanish interpretation services will be available for parents and family members during the June 16 & 17 session and the August 17 session. In order to secure appropriate accommodations, please call or email the orientation office (910.962.3089 or email@example.com).
January 8 & 9
**Sign up for Spring 2015 Orientation will open August 29, 2014
June Freshman Session - May 7
August Freshman Session - July 24
Incoming freshmen should register by May 9, 2014 in order to be eligible for early registration for classes.
Freshman/Family Orientation Fees
Student Orientation Fees:
$130.00 (June Sessions)
$110.00 (January & August Sessions)
*Overnight lodging is not included for January & August Sessions*
Parent & Family Orientation Fees:
$60.00 per person (June Sessions)
$50.00 per person (January & August Sessions)
Parent & Family On-Campus Housing:
$15 per person in addition to Orientation fees.
*On-campus housing is only available for June Sessions*
Early Arrival Fees:
$15 per person in addition to Orientation fees.
*On-campus housing is available for the night prior to Orientation (June Sessions only)*
Check-In is between 7:45 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.
Requests for refunds must be received in writing by the Transition Programs Office by 5 p.m. on the deadline below. No refunds will be granted after the deadline.
Orientation Refund Request Deadlines:
June Freshman Sessions - May 16
August Freshman Session - July 31
Refund checks are mailed within 3-4 weeks of receipt. Please include the following information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Student's name and identification number (850#)
- What your refund is for (i.e. cancel family member Orientation reservation)
- Address to send the refund (please note the refund check will be made out to the student)
Early Registration for Classes
Do you want to be able to sign up for classes before Orientation?
If so, please sign up for Orientation by
Thursday, May 9, 2014 by 11:59pm
and you will be have the opportunity to complete early registration!
More information will follow about the early registration process.
For now, just make sure to register for Orientation.
- Reservations for Orientation cannot be made until you have paid the $100 enrollment fee.
- If you are signing up on the web, we accept Visa or MasterCard payments.
- Reservations will not be accepted via email.
- Reservations must be received by the deadline.
- No on-site registrations on the day of Orientation are accepted.
- Please send your reservation one time only.
- To register on-line follow these instructions (You must use Internet
Explorer to register on-line):
- Click Here to Enter mySeaport
- If you don't already know your UNCW User Name, click on "Look up my Username/UNCW student e-mail address?" Enter your student ID number (or your social security number). You will be given a 3 letter-4 number code. This is your user name and your official UNCW email address. Your password is your 8 digit birthdate (i.e. 01011993). Use these to log into mySeaPort.
- Click on the Student Services tab at the top and then click on the Orientation link, located on the left hand side of the screen. Follow the instruction to select your Orientation date and make your on-line payment.
- If a session is full, you will not be able to select it.
Please note - An Orientation date can be changed only once, and only if the session that you want to move into is open. If there is a price increase because of the change, payment is required before the change can be made. Call the Office of Transition Programs at 910.962.3089 to make the change.
(Summer Freshman Sessions Only)
If your desired session is full, you will have the option to request to be added to our waitlist. You must register for an open Orientation session in order to be added to our waitlist. If all June sessions are full, you must be signed up for the August session. We will operate on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that if we are unable to reach you, we will move on to the next person on the waitlist as vacancies often occur at the last minute.
If you are registered for August and a June session becomes open, you will be charged the additional June fees ($20 student, $10 per family member).
Please email us if you change your mind and would like to be taken off the waitlist.
Please be patient. Due to the volume of calls, Transition Programs will contact
YOU if a spot has opened up.
How to be Added to the Waitlist
If you haven't registered for Orientation yet:
When you access your Orientation registration through your Teal Ticket on MySeaport, you will see the option to be added to the waitlist on the bottom of the registration page. Use the drop down box to make your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd session choices. You will be asked to give two phone numbers that you can best be reached at between the hours of 8am-5pm. Please note that if we are unable to reach you, we will move on to the next person on the waitlist as vacancies often occur at the last minute.
If you have already registered for Orientation:
If you have already registered for Orientation and you want to move into a session that is currently full, please call the Transition Programs Office at 910.962.3089 to be added to the waitlist. You will be asked to give two phone numbers that you can best be reached at between the hours of 8am-5pm. Please note that if we are unable to reach you, we will move on to the next person on the waitlist as vacancies often occur at the last minute.