Incoming Freshman Orientation
All incoming students must attend Orientation prior to registering and taking classes.
- Reservations for Orientation cannot be made until you have paid the $100 enrollment fee. Please wait 24-48 hours between paying your enrollment fee and registering for Orientation.
- If you are signing up on the web, we accept Visa or MasterCard payments.
- Reservations will not be accepted via email.
- Reservations must be received by the deadline.
- No on-site registrations on the day of Orientation are accepted.
- Please send your reservation one time only.
- To register on-line follow these instructions (You must use Internet Explorer to register on-line):
- Click Here to Enter mySeaport
- If you don't already know your UNCW User Name, click on "Look up my Username/UNCW student e-mail address?" Enter your student ID number (or your social security number). You will be given a 3 letter-4 number code. This is your user name and your official UNCW email address. Your password is your 8 digit birthdate (i.e. 01011993). Use these to log into mySeaPort.
- Click on the Teal Ticket tab at the top and then click on the Orientation Sign-up link, located on the left hand side of the screen. Follow the instructions to select your Orientation date and make your on-line payment.
- If a session is full, you will not be able to select it.
- Please review these instructions to make changes to your orientation schedule date.
Spring 2017 Incoming Freshman/Family Orientation Dates
January 5- 6, 2017
Registration for January 2017 will open September 9, 2016
Early Registration for Classes
Do you want to be able to sign up for classes before Orientation? If so, please sign up for Orientation by November 21, 2016 and you will have the opportunity to complete early registration between November 28 - December 2, 2016. University College can provide additional information on early registration.
Fall 2017 Incoming Freshman/Family Orientation Dates
These dates are currently being determined. To plan accordingly, please account to be available every Sunday - Thursday during the month of June.
2017 Freshman/Family Orientation Fees
Fees subject to change for incoming freshman and transfers enrolling in the fall 2016 term.
Student Orientation Fees:
January & August Sessions: $110.00
*Overnight lodging is not available for January & August Sessions*
June Sessions: $130.00
Parent & Family Orientation Fees:
January & August Sessions: $50.00 per person
June Sessions: $60.00 per person
Parent & Family On-Campus Housing (June Sessions only):
$15.00 per person in addition to Orientation fees.
*On-campus housing is only available for June Sessions*
Spanish Translation Services
Students and families desiring a Spanish translation of the Orientation materials can download the New Student Orientation guide on the UNCW Guide App and click on the Español tab. Translations have been provided for Family sessions.
For futher questions please contact Maria Gaborov Freites from Centro Hispano at 910.962.7785 or firstname.lastname@example.org.