Incoming Freshman Orientation
All incoming students must attend Orientation prior to taking classes.
Spring Incoming Freshman/Family Orientation Dates
January 7- 8, 2016
Spanish interpretation services will be available for parents and family members. In order to secure appropriate accommodations, please call or email our office (910.962.3089 or email@example.com).
Incoming freshmen should register by November 27, 2015 in order to be eligible for early registration for classes.
Fall Incoming Freshman/Family Orientation Dates
Please note that registration for students attending UNCW in the fall 2016 semester will open in February 2016.
Session 1: June 6-7
Session 2: June 8-9
Session 3: June 13-14
Session 4: June 20-21
Session 5: June 22-23
Session 6: June 27-28
Session 7: August 14-15 (Parents attend August 14 only)
2014-2015 Freshman/Family Orientation Fees
Fees subject to change for incoming freshman and transfers enrolling in the fall 2016 term.
Student Orientation Fees:
January & August Sessions: $110.00
*Overnight lodging is not included for January & August Sessions*
June Sessions: $130.00
Parent & Family Orientation Fees:
January & August Sessions: $50.00 per person
June Sessions: $60.00 per person
Parent & Family On-Campus Housing:
$15.00 per person in addition to Orientation fees.
*On-campus housing is only available for June Sessions*
Early Arrival Fees:
$15 per person in addition to Orientation fees.
*On-campus housing is available for the night prior to Orientation (June Sessions only)*
Check-In is between 7:45 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.
Early Registration for Classes
Do you want to be able to sign up for classes before Orientation? If so, please sign up for Orientation early and you will have the opportunity to complete early registration! University College can provide additional information on early registration.
- Reservations for Orientation cannot be made until you have paid the $100 enrollment fee.
- If you are signing up on the web, we accept Visa or MasterCard payments.
- Reservations will not be accepted via email.
- Reservations must be received by the deadline.
- No on-site registrations on the day of Orientation are accepted.
- Please send your reservation one time only.
- To register on-line follow these instructions (You must use Internet
Explorer to register on-line):
- Click Here to Enter mySeaport
- If you don't already know your UNCW User Name, click on "Look up my Username/UNCW student e-mail address?" Enter your student ID number (or your social security number). You will be given a 3 letter-4 number code. This is your user name and your official UNCW email address. Your password is your 8 digit birthdate (i.e. 01011993). Use these to log into mySeaPort.
- Click on the Teal Ticket tab at the top and then click on the Orientation Sign-up link, located on the left hand side of the screen. Follow the instructions to select your Orientation date and make your on-line payment.
- If a session is full, you will not be able to select it.
- Please review these instructions to make changes to your orientation schedule date.