Cultural Arts Building
About the venue
The Departments of Theatre, Music and Art & Art History share a technologically-advanced facility which opened in December 2006. The Theatre Department area consists of:
- A 300 seat seat proscenium theatre that includes balcony, full fly space, three control booths, and cutting edge sound & lighting technology
- Black box theatre with flexible seating for 114 patrons, offers multiple configurations and also well-equipped with sound and lighting equipment.
- Beautifully-equipped scene and costume shops and storage areas.
- Complete dressing rooms with showers and makeup stations
- Acting/Dance studio featuring sprung floors,mirrors, natural lighting
- An additional Performance studio for classes and rehearsals
- An academic wing including computer design lab, design/drafting studio, seminar room, and IT-equipped lecture halls
The 300-seat Mainstage Proscenium Theatre is home to the Theatre Program's mainstage productions. View a 360 degree virtual tour here:
View a 360 degree virtural tour of the Theatre Department Scene Shop here: