Social Work Advisory Board
The Board's purpose is to ensure that the UNCW School of Social Work remains the southeastern region's leader in social work education. The Board will advocate for and increase public awareness and support for the SSW through a variety of strategies and venues, including:
- Raising the profile and respect for the SSW academic programs
- Informing key stakeholders of the SSW ongoing contributions to improving health care in the southeastern North Carolina region
- Advocating for state, regional, and federal resources to enable the School of Social Work to advance its mission, vision, and strategic initiatives
- Assisting the SSW in identifying and cultivating sources of philanthropic support for nursing students, faculty development and scholarship, community outreach programs, and global social work initiatives
- Promoting SSW programs and projects
The Board was established to promote a dedicated group of community leaders whose primary focus is to support the mission of the UNCW School of Social Work through advocacy. There are no specific term-limits and members are encouraged to continue to serve as many years as desired and/or mutually agreed. The SSW will collect demographic profiles of new and continuing Board members and welcomes recommendations for membership.
The Board members meet with the SSW administrative team, designated faculty, and staff in September, December, February, and May. The Board is also invited to special events, e.g., celebrations, graduations, research seminars and conferences, and community outreach activities.
2013-2014 Advisory Board Members